• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Line size

zak

Some of you may remember that I won a m342a2 in a auction recently. It was missing the starter, exhaust system and the radiator. Well I got the exhaust back on and found a starter that I had to rebuild. As I was installing the starter I discovered that the fuel line from the primary filter was bent and crimped and the flex hose was missing to the injector pump. My fuel line is 1/2 inch copper from the filter but the fitting on the pump is for a 3/8's flared. The TM 9-2320-361-20p is of no help on sizes. It shows in fig #25 that the fuel line #21 is "make from tube" and the flex hose #20 is just "hose assembly". Not to B**tch but all my m37 manuels tell sizes, have good pictures and drawings. Be that as it may, I went to the local auto part store and got 3/8's steel brake line and had them make a flex hose to connect my new smaller line and the pump fitting. After hooking every up and spending about a hour trying to get the in tank pump to work(bad ground), I let the tank pump run until I could hear fuel running back inthe tank. Ater a few engine turns with the fuel shut off on I tried it to start it. I WAS AMAZED that it started after no more that one or two seconds. The oil pressure came right up and I could hear the whisle. It was almost as good as s**. I only let it run less than a minute(no radiator yet)
Now my questions are:
I allways was taught that copper was a no-no in any auto/truck application and
is my 3/8 line to small for the fuel supply?

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the fuel lines are copper on the deuce (and other MV's as well). The feed is 1/2 inch until you get to the ca 1 ft link you replaced, it is 3/8 inch. What you ended up with is standard for size.
The return lines are 3/8 inch copper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks