• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

daimler benz m 1017a

tuff-truck-guy

Well I bought a m1017a last week its got some issues but I think it'll work out "hopefully" shifter is broke, wont start/turn over. I dont know if its a cab saftey switch or in the switch or exactly what, I'll have it home on hump day then I can get a closer look into the issues at hand.. pic 2 follow as well..

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Call the FD that had it they might be able to fill you in on what was haywire with it.

tuff-truck-guy

lol it was dead lined because they couldn't figure out how to raise the cab, of course I'm still to get the cab forward either! I got the pig home n she runs like a champ!!

Anyone got a spare Mercedes emblem or know where to purchase 1 cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:

tuff-truck-guy

ok so i found wheels steel and aluminum 4 between 500 and 700 each "ouch" now i gotta source a windshield again im expecting a bigger "ouch" but I dont know yet, then 2 get a set of tires I really want a set of 395 mv/t's but I guess their getting scarce. I have located alot of 395 michlins which as they are on gl I will not disclose any more info as to not upset the mods on here. "got in trouble almost a couple years back 4 that" but as it sets Im looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 k in stuff just to get it all legal and roadworthy. uggg I knew I shoulda bought a deuce or a 5ton... soo much cheaper to work on. But the cool factor just isnt quite up to par as per said in the 1017.. "or at least thats kinda my opinion" love to have em both but me broke arse cant afford all the big iron toys..:sad:

tuff-truck-guy

oh and another thought If you dont speak fluent german dont buy a 1017a cause parts are basically non existant here in the states... been talking to mercedes in germany mostly all day... great people and they have good patience 4 us red necks,"ME" that dont speak their language.. Its terribly frustrating to say the least. had 2 drive 60ish miles to get my nephew to talk to them and omg my cell bills gonna be a whopper !!!

tuff-truck-guy

yep I called them today as well and after figuring out what I have, they refered me to a guy in british columbia. great guys and they was very hlpfull 2. I called most all the people on the rocky mountain moggers site and found a guy lol 60 miles from me that has them in stock he "thinks" 4 between 5-700 each which isnt that bad but im following another lead/idea as we speak.. and thnx mercunimog404 help is always severly appreciated especially with things I know almost nothing about. aka"german engeneering" :goodjob::beer:

tuff-truck-guy

oh I already do the fit and finish is absolutly awsome and the engine runs smoother than any of my civy gas cars or trucks I love this truck!!! Im just begining to wonder if imma have 2 sell all my other toys to get her licensed lol.

tuff-truck-guy

I really wish my funding could support a mog in about any denomination or variety but sadly until I get the pig done theres really no way, but on another note I think after all is done I should be able to trade nearly straight across 4 a u 1300 or a exeptional doko. may be wishfull thinking but a guy's gotta dream right..

tuff-truck-guy

im also contemplating mabe a metal body 4 the back like a 109a3 has just way shorter "cutting torch n welder " lol or something along those lines, any idea's guys would be greatly appreciated cause I'm kinda drawing a blank other tha just a 16 ft box van back end cut the floor out n raise it up so I have something to cover the tanks n boxes m such.. a lot of work I know but the unique value would be off the chart...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks