• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

daimler benz m 1017a

tuff-truck-guy

well I got the wood off 1 side of the bed today, I really wouldent have thought that the storage boxes would have been bolted to only plywood. Seems kinda odd but hey I guess whatever they wont be reinstalled that way , the way my luck goes they would break through and fall off on the interstate and cause a fatal accident or something ... Also I am going to relocate them so they are more accessible and"handy".. The more I get into working on this truck the more and more I like it n thats hard cause I really liked it when I bought it hence why Im broke now lol....

saddamsnightmare

February 24th, 2014.

Tuff truck guy:

Once you shoot the bugs out of the M1017 MB, you will find they are really well engineered and generally extremely reliable if they haven't already been beaten to death. Most of my Unimog problems were suimply too much sitting, old age on the rubber components and (of course) the accursed 10% ethanol they put in the gasoline here in Illinois. At least with a diesel you are out of those woods. These trucks had and have a very good reputation in Europe as cargo and radio trucks, so you should be doing well once you fix the small stuff. Good luck![thumbzup]

Another Ahab

February 24th, 2014.

Tuff truck guy:

Once you shoot the bugs out of the M1017 MB, you will find they are really well engineered and generally extremely reliable if they haven't already been beaten to death. Most of my Unimog problems were suimply too much sitting, old age on the rubber components and (of course) the accursed 10% ethanol they put in the gasoline here in Illinois. At least with a diesel you are out of those woods. These trucks had and have a very good reputation in Europe as cargo and radio trucks, so you should be doing well once you fix the small stuff. Good luck![thumbzup]
I'm liking how they got the "idiot lights" altogether in a row/ cluster; nice engineering:

dash.jpg

saddamsnightmare

February 25th, 2014.

Another Ahab:

I think that the newer Unimog U series have the idiot lights so located, but the only "Idiot" light on my S404.114 is the alternator/generator output light to warn you the rpm's need to go up. The M1017's do deem to be interesting vehicles not commonly seen here in the US, and a heck of a lot cheaper then a Zetros!

tuff-truck-guy

well I took the pig out 4 her maiden voyage yesterday morning she dont go fast but it rides like a ols fleetwood caddy lol super plush ride :driver:drove it about 30 miles or so and seems like in the green area on the tach im running between 48-55 which isnt altogether 2 bad, hoping when I get the 395's it'll comfortably run 62 ish hopefully in the comfort zone aka green area on the tach... but she runs like a champ!!! n she's only got 10166 km on her needs the fuel filter changed or something its running rich and Im guessing its the filter cause I can see alge floating in the tank "not alot" but I did see a quarter size algea flotilla in it... I already got a bottle of powerservice to shock it out but wanna get the filter changed before there is any ip issues come up...

tuff-truck-guy

oh and 4 some reason there doesnt seem to be a governor on it, on my way back home I was lollygaging/daydreaming and this thing will rev way way out, gotta keep a eye on that....

Carlo

I have had 4 of these trucks and know them pretty well. Parts are ready available even down at the local MB dealer here. If i can help you let me know.
image.jpg

Carlo

No these are 4x4 with reduction and blocking rear diff. Almost the same motor as the unimog 1200 series and up. They run a turbo and use all MB trans, reduction box, and diffs. No ZF stuff.
They are the back bone of the German military. This photo is a military police that's why it's a different green and not flat color but shinny.

Carlo

Windshields are available but shipping would kill you! The lights should be a easy fix. MB's gave a good electrical system if no one has messed with it.
Let me know. I may have a owners manual.

tuff-truck-guy

i dunno im finding it extremly hard to even find a mb dealer here that can even figure out what I have lol. a manual would be awsome...but I do not read german.... and I may have to get a winshield sent here from germany ....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks