• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

daimler benz m 1017a

tuff-truck-guy

Ok gentlemen here"s what I have planned, I am going to install a pop up camper on the pig, also im planning on making a full cage enclosier that drops down 4 a walk around deck with handrails. This faze of the project is going to be expensive as pop up campers that meet my and more importantly the wifes criteria are well their expensive . The cost of the steel alone is gonna set me back at least 2k. so heres my question as of right now Im looking for a voltage reducer that I can take the 24v system on my truck as it sets and charge 7-8 large deep cycle batteries. the reason 4 this is cost of gen sets and space requirements there in. I need to be able to run the roof air all day n part of the night on said battery setup, " I like to keep things quiet also." Im not exactly shure of the way to go here, I had pondered going to a cnc shop and having a bracket built to install a 100 amp gm alternator which would eliminate the need for the voltage reducer, but I want to keep the engine bay as stock as possible.. also I would really not want to have to idle the truck for hours at a time either... I am not electrically as savy as most of you here are and I may be going in a totally wrong direction with the power supply issue I planned on using a large dc/ac converter to run total 110 ac into the campers already there "plug in". so what are your thoughts on this Gentlemen? I really could use a different perspective here..

Another Ahab

Ok gentlemen here"s what I have planned, I am going to install a pop up camper on the pig, also im planning on making a full cage enclosier that drops down 4 a walk around deck with handrails. . so heres my question as of right now Im looking for a voltage reducer that I can take the 24v system on my truck as it sets and charge 7-8 large deep cycle batteries. the reason 4 this is cost of gen sets and space requirements there in. I need to be able to run the roof air all day n part of the night on said battery setup, " I like to keep things quiet also." Im not exactly shure of the way to go here, I had pondered going to a cnc shop and having a bracket built to install a 100 amp gm alternator which would eliminate the need for the voltage reducer, but I want to keep the engine bay as stock as possible.. also I would really not want to have to idle the truck for hours at a time either... I am not electrically as savy as most of you here are and I may be going in a totally wrong direction with the power supply issue I planned on using a large dc/ac converter to run total 110 ac into the campers already there "plug in".
Are you talking about a plug-and-play Air Conditioning set-up here?

Something you already have your hands on?

tuff-truck-guy

The roof air on a pop up camper, not for the truck... It will be on the camper and will be 120v ac electric for the purpose of cooling the inside of the camper when setup.

Another Ahab

The roof air on a pop up camper, not for the truck... It will be on the camper and will be 120v ac electric for the purpose of cooling the inside of the camper when setup.
Wonder if the set-up would work for a Deuce:

- other approaches (Deuce A/C) seem a little trouble

Any manufacturer/model no. or anything?

Tmax

Nice rig tufftruckguy. i just picked up a 1017A a couple of weeks ago and so far very happy with it.

may i ask what sort of wheels you used for your single set up?

:beer:

Another Ahab

tuff-truck-guy

Nice rig tufftruckguy. i just picked up a 1017A a couple of weeks ago and so far very happy with it.

may i ask what sort of wheels you used for your single set up?

:beer:
well i was planning on using a set of max pro wheels on it but ran into a snag...... bolt patern is right but the air fill valve is on the wrong side on the rear, can fix this but the max pro wheels are way way to thick and im having issues getting a spacer made for the rear end and also finding wheel studs that are long enough in the front and rear....

tuff-truck-guy

albeit a probably fleeting idea but im thinking in the near future I may put the pig up 4 sale or trade or something, No I dont want to but im having heart issues and unless they clear up the wife may inherrit it lol

Tmax

well i was planning on using a set of max pro wheels on it but ran into a snag...... bolt patern is right but the air fill valve is on the wrong side on the rear, can fix this but the max pro wheels are way way to thick and im having issues getting a spacer made for the rear end and also finding wheel studs that are long enough in the front and rear....
good to know. thanks. if i figure out an easy way for singles, i will post.

the studs in the back should be longer???

Terry1lee

If you are still looking, I have 20 inch wheels that will fit your 1017A, that will allow you to run 395/85R20 tires front and rear.

Rob Pickering
Terry Lee Enterprises, Inc

minimade

Carlos,

Stateside, i just got an 1997 Mercedes 1017A
vin WDB38011315522088 35000 km
and would love a manual. Can your sources find any history from vin?

controls are all labeled in German,...might there be a decal kit avail in Europe in english?

where could I get a front and rear military hyd. Winches?

cant wait to get it home, go over it, And start playing with it!

derek

Carlo

Hi Derek.
If you google the manual in English there are a few companies selling them. You might look for a MB truck site and download for free.
Ive had over 30 1017's of different years production and never saw one with winch. I have experience only with German army equipment. Maybe another military used a winch factory installed but I'm not aware.
The German army MAN KAT1 used a central located hydraulic winch that could be used both front and rear.
Carlo

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks