• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Infraction system

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This only applies to anyone that's been in trouble before. Many of you adhere the rules correctly. But I wanted to publicly mention the infraction system, how it works, and the repercussions of it.

When a user steps out of bounds, the board has a feature to give what is called an infraction to users. There are two levels of this. A warning and a point bearing infraction. A warning is simply "Please be aware that you shouldn't do that". A courtesy notification if you will. A point bearing infraction is a "ticket". These tickets last for a year total. Repeat offenders will have a compounding effect. The repercussions of an infraction are as follows:

1 point = just a point, but you keep it for a year.
2 points in 365 day period = 1 day ban.
3 points in 365 day period = 1 week ban.
4 points in 365 day period = Perm ban

I've setup the infraction system to be a stepping level of response. First one is "on the house". But after the second, you'll start feeling it. This is an automated process as well. So just because you got an infraction from one person, don't think that another person you might be friends with might bend the rules for you.

I hate to come down as being oppressive. But I wanted to fully explain the system. I've also added this to the site rules. But I wanted to post a thread so people could see this as well.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is correct, I have had to give someone an infraction point in the past and although it was deserved it also automatically banned them. It is taken out of the mods hands at that point.

That is a good thing.

Merc1973

While I'm not a trouble maker or a forum troll, I don't think it's a good idea. I have to admit I am a forum-whore (ar15.com, MDShooters.com, XDtalk.com, jeepforum.com, jeepsunlimited.com, mercurycougar.net and various "conspiracy" forums that i wont mention...) This would be the first type of "infraction system" I have seen. I think it's better to just outright ban them and their IP address if they intentionally cause problems. I have yet to see anyone here have problems with members, especially new members. Maybe I am just oblivious, and the mods are already taking out the trash???

Please list examples of "bad behavior" to be worthy of infractions.

I applaud the mods of this site for letting the members decide how this forum is run!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any early release of said infraction (1 point) for good behavior? My year is coming up.
JC

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While I'm not a trouble maker or a forum troll, I don't think it's a good idea. I have to admit I am a forum-whore (ar15.com, MDShooters.com, XDtalk.com, jeepforum.com, jeepsunlimited.com, mercurycougar.net and various "conspiracy" forums that i wont mention...) This would be the first type of "infraction system" I have seen. I think it's better to just outright ban them and their IP address if they intentionally cause problems. I have yet to see anyone here have problems with members, especially new members. Maybe I am just oblivious, and the mods are already taking out the trash???

I applaud the mods of this site for letting the members decide how this forum is run!
mdshooters, xdtalk, jeepforum, jeepsunlimited, mercurycougar.net are all vBulletin based forums. They all have the same infraction system out of the box. Typically people just don't publicize this information. But in fairness, I hope that acknowledging it will cause awareness.

I have banned people perm here before. But typically it's because they've gone above and beyond to make that happen.

Bad behaviors would be outlined in the site rules.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
............ and the mods are already taking out the trash???
Most of it, yes ASAP...
Too many to list...

The Forum-Owner is the one who really decides that...

G.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now may be a good time for people to brush up on the rules. As long as you abide by the rules and don't cause trouble in general, you'll never get a infraction point.

I handed out a infraction point the other day. Honestly, after I did it I kind of started feeling bad about it until I received a PM from the member in question. Their excuse was they didn't know what the rules were. If they had just made a mistake or lapse in judgement I can understand (we all do that) but to come out and say you haven't read the rules is no excuse.

ollied

I got a point last sat for telling another member to **** off .I think you were wrong i admit i was but, so was the other member. I ask for a part not his life story. sorry Oliver Davis ollied

Last edited by a moderator:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread wasn't put up to let everybody air out what infractions that got or if they felt they were deserved or not.

ollied, I can tell you this though. It is in the rules to not use foul language as this is a family friendly site, and using it in a reply in a thread ABOUT the infraction system could get you another one.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just showed him how the new infraction system works.

EDIT - Not really new but he will get the idea.....

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not really new. We've been using it for quite some time now.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do we know if we got a point? Does this come via PM? Who gives out the points? Mods?

Thanks for clarifications. I have to admit I have not reviewed the rules since signing up a few years ago. I try to act like a good citizen and do on to others like you would like done to you. Hopefully this will keep me pointless :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel like I am back in middle school
You'll be fine, it's the guys acting like they are back in kindergarten that we're having issues with.

Last edited:

Vintage iron

I have received infractions for lots of reasons, for not fully understanding the forum rules, for trying to help a friend and for not playing well with others. Some infractions were deserved, some were questionable and some were misplaced. But I do think it help keep thing civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks