• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Beadlock & Lift Kit M880 ?

rcb

That is the question !! I will be installing Humvee 37x12 16.5 tires on my stock M880 rims to mount on my M880. Should I install
bead locks ? I do not plan on any heavy duty off roading , just around town driving.

Any suggestions on where to obtain lift kits and other possible mods I need to do to
install the 37's ?

Thanks...
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

tuff-truck-guy

I would say no to the bead lock they add a lot of weight and do generate a bit of balancing issue and especially 4 a m88o series truck you dont have gobs of extra power to waste on the extra weight.... and the d44 front axle while being pretty strong In my experiances wont do well with the extra vibes n weight ... Ive put a quite a few sets of the 37's on the m880 series trucks with great success really helps with your top end , kills most of the grunt on the low end but gets you in the neighborhood of 3-5 mpg better at the pump... but your gonna have to lift it at least 4 inches n I would personally go no less than 6in just 4 flex and rubbing , also depends alot on your wheels 2.. I personally like the mag turbines cause their light and look really really good on the old dodges.. I hope my post will help.....:beer:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the question !! I will be installing Humvee 37x12 16.5 tires on my stock M880 rims to mount on my M880. Should I install
beadlocks ? I do not plan on any heavy duty off roading , just around town driving.
Thanks...
Bob
How could you put beadlocks in with stock M880 rims?????????????

rcb

Thanks to all for your input... after I posted this I thought it may be difficult to use beadlocks on stock rims. Any suggestions on where to obtain lift kits and other possible mods I need to do to
install the 37's ?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add a leaf will give about 2 inches in the front, I run the 36's that way, I've seen the same done for the 37's, although you won't be able to turn all the way without some rubbing.
search this forum for some pics.

tuff-truck-guy

4 wheel online is where i got my liftkits , their service SUX but their margionally cheeper lol n Im all about going cheep I think 4 a 6 inch front and rear w no shocks I was giving about 850 ish with shipping/ free shipping..

MatthewH

I'm running 37" HMMWV Goodyears on stock M880 rims, no lift, however I had to do little fender modifications to allow this, plus change to p/s because the pitman arm and tire were trying to share the same place. Still rubs on draglink when turning to right,

busbart

I would suggest to widen the original rims about 2", since the original tire is 9,5 wide, and these Hummers are 12,5 (I thought), that solves the wandering you'll normally find with Hummers at stock Dodge rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks