• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Late V-100 swim training in Guatemala

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing that Rick. Photos/video of V's swimming is about as common as hens teeth. Makes me want to swim mine on Lake Travis, but I just don't have the....wherewithall..to do it!

Cheers

baseballump

When I was with the 630 MP co Some of our guys put one in Tiger Lake Which was on Cam Rahn Bay in Vietnam. As he was driving into the water a LT. told him if it sinks you buy it. He didn't have to buy it.

Rickv100

The V-100's did have bilge pumps fitted for some leakage. Basically the lower hull is shaped like a scow barge. Probably why the prototype had only the door on the upper half of the hull to keep it watertight except for at the location where the drive shafts exit the hull. In the swim testing of the paddle wheels video around minute 18 you can see a diver walking along the edge of the swim tank in case they had problems and the bilge pump pumping some water out of the V. it looks like the V was swimming in 11 feet of water from the gauge on the side of the tank so it probably would not totally sink if it did have problems.

Rick

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks