• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CTIS Zero lights....

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got a chance to jump my wrecker which was towed home. Got it started and drove it down the driveway. None of the CTIS lights are coming on. Anyone encounter this problem before? Should I exchange a known good ECU as a start figuring it's most likely the ECU?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought there was a fuse under the dash somewhere that could be blown.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What would that have to do with it guys?
Internal lighting is connected through the light switch to avoid accidental illumination of the interior during blackout conditions. This was much more important in the Cold War era than current operations.

Try running and make sure you put your lights on the full normal setting. See what happens.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Internal lighting is connected through the light switch to avoid accidental illumination of the interior during blackout conditions. This was much more important in the Cold War era than current operations.

Try running and make sure you put your lights on the full normal setting. See what happens.
All my other trucks start flashing without turning the lights on. This one is dead either way. No flashing lights, no cycling. Is it possible because my ppv valve is frozen that's why I get nothing. I get the backlight with the lights on but none of the little dots lit up, all my other trucks have the dot lit up flashing or solid lights on or not.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, poke it with a stick, see if that works.

I know there are some oddities with the CTIS system, so, really no clue. What's the TM say?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, poke it with a stick, see if that works.

I know there are some oddities with the CTIS system, so, really no clue. What's the TM say?
Nothing about zero lights but does about the overspeed warning being on. Guess I'll start the troubleshooting there. Good thing I have extra A2's around, I can substitute parts for troubleshooting on the fly when it warms up a little that is. :)

k5ontherocks

Any luck with your CTIS issue of no lights? mine had been working great, till yesterday. Illuminations all work fine but cannot get the red light to illuminate in any of the buttons. It lights if I hold it but does nothing. Then TMs do not cover this issue in them.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems on some trucks you get CTIS lights with the truck lights off, some you don't.
One of my M931's CTIS lights up when you turn on the battery switch with the headlights off. The other, and my buddy's M923, don't light up until the headlight switch is turned on.

Cheers

k5ontherocks

Mine lights up with the headlamp switch. However, mine has an issue now, its not just lights turned off. It had worked flawlessly for 2 weeks. Yes i used mine a lot, mostly just playing around in back field and such,but it had worked great till just the other day. The little diag i have found seems to point to bad ground or controller. i will check wirinig, but im skeptical i will find anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks