Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CTIS: How I fixed my 5 flashing lights

Thanks

I’ve acquired a 1990 M925a2 three months ago. The CTIS controller was unplugged when I got it. The importer told me the CTIS was deactivated. Everything appears to be intact on the truck. I plugged in the CTIS controller and I will have a single flashing light at whatever function I select, the after 10 minutes of driving it’s 5 flashing lights. The “overspeed” light does come on at 55 and at a lower speed when “sand” is selected. I have no audible noise in cab or anywhere when I make selections. I am dying to try to get mine going. Any opinions?

Thanks

With no audible noises, pressure checks, I would start with the PCU. Ohm out the coils and verify that they are all good. If so, take it apart and clean up all of the 3 valves. It could even be that you aren't getting pressure to the PCU because of a bad pressure switch on your wet tank.
    M1045A2 HMMWV, latest project

M923A2 2012 Rebuild, aka Romeo-Mike, aka HellCat

M105A2

M1079 LMTV, Shrek, sold to kenet3621, now belongs to Adventure Driven

M932A2 2010 Rebuild, now with 11' cargo bed, aka Shorty

FLU419 SEE 1990, aka Kermit the Mog, sold to The Unimog Center in New Hampshire

1997 M1078 LMTV, aka " Wall-E "

Reach me at 864-978-0243

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyrv6av8r For This Useful Post:

mzak88 (08-20-2019), silverstate55 (08-21-2019)

Thanks

Got it working! I turned the governor up a bit and I got all kinds of noises happening now. Inflated all tires evenly to 70 psi. Forgive me, I’m a newb. Now I would like to figure out how to upgrade to the 90psi Hwy setting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,081 Times in 631 Posts

Default CTIS: How I fixed my 5 flashing lights

Quote Originally Posted by mzak88 View Post
    Got it working! I turned the governor up a bit and I got all kinds of noises happening now. Inflated all tires evenly to 70 psi. Forgive me, Iím a newb. Now I would like to figure out how to upgrade to the 90psi Hwy setting.
    What pressure did you have to turn the governor up to?

If your inflating to 70psi you should already have the updated ECM, now all you need is the 90psi wrecker transducer, and maybe the wheel valve upgrade depending on how they act. All of my old style wheel valves hold all the way up to 100psi, except one, but I think the issue with that one is a restriction in the hub that I havenít chased down yet. I think I have a few extra NOS 90PSI transducers around here somewhere that I would let go cheap.
    Last edited by Jbulach; 09-09-2019 at 22:30.
    M925A2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jbulach For This Useful Post:

mzak88 (09-10-2019)

Thanks

I backed the governor screw out 1/2 turn so it now builds to 123ish. My system works good on HWY setting however if I try sand or cross country the run flat light comes on incessantly. I tried sand yesterday, fronts did not go below 60, pass side mid axle tire nearly went flat other tire 25. Rear axle was 50. I also had the 4 light flash going on. Would like to get this all figured out but thrilled I have some function happening. Would I need to change anything else besides the transducer? I had a guy on eBay tell me I would need the updated controller, wheel valves and pcu. I would certainly be interested in taking one of those off your hands.
    Last edited by mzak88; 09-10-2019 at 10:39.

Private
    Thanks

So I got the 5 flashing lights and it started deflating my tires . So I unplugged the box , replugged it in with no change. Then I tried the trick where you hold the run flat and emergency button to equal the pressure out in all tires which from what I understand is also like a master reset for the control box. Well this worked as far as the flashing lights , but now it flashes on hwy mode like it should and it sounds to be inflating the tires but instead itís still deflating the tires . I had manually filled them to 30-40 psi and once the truck was running it deflated the tires all down to 20 psi then a couple min later itís down to 15.
    Thinking it may be time just to cap the hubs off and be done. Just sucks that my tires slowly loose air and it takes forever to fill them with my 30 gal compressor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,242 Posts

Bad coil in pcu
    Member of peanut gallery

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvit View Post
    Thanks Andyrv6av8r. I already ordered a used pcu off ebay figuring at least two of the solenoids should be good. At least with it I can cut into the insulation and figure out terminal label letters to which solenoids and cheaply eliminate questions pertaining to consistency of test outcomes.

Coffey 1, mechanically my pcu is in pristine condition. If the solenoids are all good, what could cause the constant blow by with five flashing lights? Maybe a shorted wire not letting solenoid open or close? Spicer's 2017 manual says to try another known working pcu with five flashing lights. That's just not possible.

When the new-to-me one comes in I should know more and will follow up on this thread to help others. I couldn't find any thing at all about the constant blow by in Spicer's manual or searches which should have brought it up from the TMs if they even spoke on it. I need a hard copy TM on this truck so I can look at it as I work on the truck instead of going back in the house to look on the computer. Can't see phone screen outside. Pics will follow as well. Thanks guys.
    I realize this is an old post, and not sure if anyone told you before. Individual pages from digital TM's can be printed, I do it all the time.

Thanks

My system is now working flawlessly. Found a shrader valve under hose in left rear rear

Corporal
    Thanks

Turn up your air compressor regulator to 125#. It should work.
    Kevin Nelezen
    M936A2 Wrecker
    M35A3 Deuce
    M105A2 Trailer
    MEP-016C

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2