• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member from North Florida

FloridaAKM

Good evening guys! I have been posting a bit here & there, to see how things shake out here. It seems there are a great bunch of guys here who know what they are talking about, so I am here to ask questions & learn a lot.

Today was the day to go look @ a 1982 M35A2 wo/w that a guy I knew wanted to sell. It cranks & runs easily, driving it shows no real problems like no brakes, though E brake is shot. New starter has been installed recently, some tires need replacing, but those replacements come with the deal, just need mounting. Drivers front window has spider cracks near center post, but other wise good condition. Mirrors are non original & need to hit a tree & be replaced. Odometer has 4300 miles with 175.0 hours on the meter. Bed is solid with some tailgate damage from a push start. Guy wants 6k for it with a clear Florida title/ no tags.....stored in the woods of Florida for some years.

Did I over do my initial welcome? Got lots of pictures, but can't quite figure out how to post them out of the phone.

RodUSMC1962

Welcome to the green disease. Can`t go by odometer miles, need pics to get a better idea of condition. A title is a must, so that is good. Price is in ballpark, maybe a little high depending on a few things. Being close is worth several hundred bucks I would think. I don`t think this is to bad for your first truck. :beer:

FloridaAKM

Thanks for the reply RodUSMC1962! The guy wants to sweeten the deal with trailer frame that has had the bed removed to go along with the truck. The plates on the trailer were hard to read, so I can't say what it was; but the trailer is 15 or so feet long with good tires & in good shape. I will try to get the pics up if I can get them to upload off my phone. Did I mention, I did get to do a short road test, blew off all the leaves & it ran well with no apparent problems. The shakedown trip home, if I decide to buy it, of about 75 miles, will give me a better idea of its road worthyness.

RodUSMC1962

Like I said, being close is better than being far. The first deuce my bubby and I bought was 900 miles from home, don`t remember what it cost to drive there to pick it up and drive it home,,but it added several hundred dollars to the cost and fuel was a lot cheaper then. With the addition of the trailer I would jump on this. :beer:

FloridaAKM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I have an invite to go see another truck or two from a member here, so that's another possibility for me to ease the desire to be the proud owner the green iron machine & become an owner. Thanks again! I can't seem to get the pictures out of the phone & onto the board here unless I text them to someone who can! Sorry~

FloridaAKM

Headed to look @ a few more Deuces tomorrow, hope its a bit warmer than today.....46....all day. I am getting a good education, just looking thru all the pages of postings of all the different aspects of buying & owning green iron! Now to put the small amout of knowledge to a good use!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks