• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaska : looking meet other members.

TreadLite

I'm up in Barrow but my Deuce is hibernating for the winter in Fairbanks. Shouldn't be too long now before she comes out to play. How often do you get to Fairbanks?

RangerBob

I have an office in Anchorage near Dimond and Old Seward. I'll be back up there in a month or so and then I'll get you hooked on military snowcats. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I got two buddies from here in the Mid-Atlantic area that visited and never came back. What I hear they need is more women and less mosquitoes, but I might have heard wrong.

And thanks 907 for the tour guide offer, not in the plans right now but I might take you up on that someday, you're a good man!

Jake907

Tony, i'm sure we do somewhere up here, if you want to see, punch in the alaska job corp they have statewide job listings.

Ahab, there are some good looking women here for sure, but also a lot of BMW's (Burly Mountain Women), and as for the mosquitoes.....there's not much good I can say about them.

Markmoraes

I live in Anchorage, I'm looking at picking up a M925A2 from lower 48, and hope to meet other like minded people in Alaska. Has anyone had any real problem registering their military trucks at Alaska DMV?

RangerBob

Treadlite, I'm currently in Anchorage, but heading for Barrow on Thursday. I'll be working near the LRRS for about a week. While I'm up there, I hope to 'track' down a Thiokol 601 that was seen there around 2009. Have you seen this?

I think the sign above it says 'Vote Stotts'. I hear he didn't do so well after getting into office...

11.jpg

Last edited:

TreadLite

Treadlite, I'm currently in Anchorage, but heading for Barrow on Thursday. I'll be working near the LRRS for about a week. While I'm up there, I hope to 'track' down a Thiokol 601 that was seen there around 2009. Have you seen this?

I think the sign above it says 'Vote Stotts'. I hear he didn't do so well after getting into office...

View attachment 489150
RangerBob, I'm disappointed I didn't see this thread until now...I was subscribed but somehow it didn't hit my email. It would have been nice to do lunch or something. Anyways, I hope it was a nice trip (as nice as Barrow in April is).

That Thiokol is a few houses down from me. I know the owner and can get you guys in touch. Shoot me a PM or come back and visit.

Yeah, Stotts didn't last too long. Not a bad guy but made a bad judgement call which cost him the mayors job. Got a great guy in there now (can't believe I said that about a politician - lol).

RangerBob

RangerBob, I'm disappointed I didn't see this thread until now...I was subscribed but somehow it didn't hit my email. It would have been nice to do lunch or something. Anyways, I hope it was a nice trip (as nice as Barrow in April is).

That Thiokol is a few houses down from me. I know the owner and can get you guys in touch. Shoot me a PM or come back and visit.

Yeah, Stotts didn't last too long. Not a bad guy but made a bad judgement call which cost him the mayors job. Got a great guy in there now (can't believe I said that about a politician - lol).
And we missed each other again! I just got back from an overnight trip working at the DoE/NSA facility in NARL. Might have one more trip to make there later this year. So far I've spotted a total of 5 military snowcats in town and NARL, plus one civvy. Yes, I would like the contact. I'm thinking of a 'group buy' so we can get a good rate on an empty barge going south. [thumbzup]

Currently hanging in Anchorage. Off to Middleton Island at the end of the week.

Last edited:

RangerBob

Parts to swap, and BS should never be too much of a challenge, here in the Interior.
Just spent a couple of nights at the Alaska 7 Motel on the north side. I pass through there every couple of months. The fellow that runs the motel always asks what I'm doing in the area, and when I tell him, he says 'just had a guy here last month doing that'. Never remembers me. :|

And that darn espresso hut just north of the IGA seems to never be open when I need it. :hammer:

Another Ahab

Just spent a couple of nights at the Alaska 7 Motel on the north side. I pass through there every couple of months. The fellow that runs the motel always asks what I'm doing in the area, and when I tell him, he says 'just had a guy here last month doing that'. Never remembers me. :|

easter eggs.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks