• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alaska : looking meet other members.

branr1

I live in Wasilla I daily drive my M923A2 when I’m not at work. I just picked up an LMTV I plan to try and split my time between the two for my daily driving. I’m always interested in talking and looking at Military vehicals, feel free to P.M. me and we can get together sometime.

71DeuceAK

I live in Wasilla I daily drive my M923A2 when I’m not at work. I just picked up an LMTV I plan to try and split my time between the two for my daily driving. I’m always interested in talking and looking at Military vehicals, feel free to P.M. me and we can get together sometime.
Hey Branr1, I'm up in Fairbanks. Feel free to PM me and we can get together sometime, I occasionally find myself flying through Anchorage.

Chism

Hey all. I picked up my first FMTV in October. I’ve been driving it pretty regularly since. I live in Anchorage. I have a soft spot for military vehicles, turbo Diesel engines, big tires, etc. Would gladly meet up for knowledge/story sharing or going for a drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71DeuceAK

Been meaning to ask, speaking of Alaska:

Who had the M925 parked at MSI Autoparts in Fairbanks all last winter? I actually stopped and talked to the manager of the location thinking it was being junked and cut up, only to learn it had a loving owner. Would love to meet you if you're on here, another enthusiast in the area!

branr1

Hey all. I picked up my first FMTV in October. I’ve been driving it pretty regularly since. I live in Anchorage. I have a soft spot for military vehicles, turbo Diesel engines, big tires, etc. Would gladly meet up for knowledge/story sharing or going for a drive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought a 1998 M1078. I've got it all legal and I've been driving it around the valley, I've made two trips to Anchorage with it so far. Let me know if you'd ever like to meet up and talk trucks, I'm always looking for an excuse to drive it.

19kilo

Been meaning to ask, speaking of Alaska:

Who had the M925 parked at MSI Autoparts in Fairbanks all last winter? I actually stopped and talked to the manager of the location thinking it was being junked and cut up, only to learn it had a loving owner. Would love to meet you if you're on here, another enthusiast in the area!
I don't have my M925a2 anymore, but I do have a M923a2, and I've been living in the banks area since 2012. Bought the latest truck in 2013... I'd love to get together and talk trucks and MV's in general, plus the maintenance and whatnot of them. I just bought a place in December so now I can park my truck at my own place which is nice. I've not really taken it off road as I didn't know anyone that had another one that could pull me out if I did get stuck. I do miss Arizona MV lic laws, it is so much cheaper there to license them. I saw your phone number in a previous post 71deuceak, so I'll try that way to contact you first. I've not been active on this site for several years, but since I've got a project I want to do to my 5 ton, I started researching on here again. And stumbled upon this post today while at work. I drove mine up from California via a side trip to AZ.. 4000ish miles.. averaged about 9mpg. Loaded down with household stuff...
Glad to see other's on here living up in this great state. I've seen some Green Iron, but only in passing.. never knew anyone here who has some.

frostyballz

New member in Wasilla, picked up this M35A2 over the weekend. I have grand plans for it (who knows what I will actually accomplish). One of the first will be the replacement or rebuild of the transmission as synchros are on the way out. Hopefully I can find one up here somewhere.

deuce.JPG

71DeuceAK

Welcome! I might be coming through Anchorage in August, trying to meet a few other members. I'm a Fairbanks/Southeast resident but PM me if you ever want to try and get together!

czechsix

Hah, just spotted this thread. Moved up here last year, still have to bring a last load up from down South. Right now I just have a Haflinger, but this year I'll probably be bringing a Unimog in. In the past I've had other Unimogs, M35A2C and a D, M151, WC51/52, various trailers, gennies, mobilizers, etc. Used to buy lots of stuff out of DRMO Yermo Annex, next to Ft. Irwin. Once I get a shop built, planning on getting a Weasel or Otter up here. Anyway, good to see other MV folks up here.

ANY is reassuring!

Read somewhere a year or so ago that the Iditarod is having trouble being run for a lack of snow.
It happens every few years, if the Jet Stream changes our we get a change in the ocean currents we can get “warm” winter conversely if we get an exceptionally cold fall and the ocean freezes early we can have a low snow year as well .

the last few years we have broke records for snowfall . Last year I had to rent a dozer to push back the snowbanks because I had run out of places to put it.

In closing , it’s really hard to say what a “typical” winter will bring 😂

TundraWookie

Hey everyone! After lurking for a bit, I managed to pick up two M76 Otters. One is a runner and the other is not.

I understand there is a super secret group of Otter owners out there and I'm hoping to get in touch with some of them. Looking to acquire parts and knowledge at every corner possible!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey everyone! After lurking for a bit, I managed to pick up two M76 Otters. One is a runner and the other is not.

I understand there is a super secret group of Otter owners out there and I'm hoping to get in touch with some of them. Looking to acquire parts and knowledge at every corner possible!
Welcome to the Outfit!

Any chance you could share some pictures? The few pictures I have seen of the M76 appear to have tires inside the track for "bogies". Is that so? Seems like that would improve the ride in a 1960's baby tank...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks