• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recovering a M1061 trailer?

tobyS

Post up some pictures if you have a chance...like on the ferry. Good luck.

Ray70

SUCCESS! Recovery went off without a hitch. We even got back to the ferry just in time to catch the 1 hour earlier boat and were back in CT by 12:30.
Trailer brakes were unlocked and she rolls fine. Pretty heavy, but my friend Dave's truck had no problem pulling or stopping. For sanity and legality reason't I won't disclose our highway speed coming back... [thumbzup] All in all it went perfectly. Now I just need to dismantle the unit and decide what to do with the trailer. I mainly bought the rig for the generators.
The trailer is not something I need at the moment... Unless I find the right deal on an EX-military truck to pull it with!
Thanks everyone...
IMG_0530.JPG

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, never seen that configuration on the trailer. Must be a very special application. Those gizmos in the rear must have held something heavy to put the generators and all that tongue weight on the front. Please post more pics and pics of the data plates. I see one on the rear middle maybe it id's the complete assembly?

Ray70

I'll take some more pics this weekend, hopefully I will have a chance to unload it if the sun ever comes out again!
There is a tag on the side with some info, I believe it said this was some kind of radio antenna setup maybe?
The cage and cord reels look like they were never used, not even a chip in the paint anywhere, despite being 1993 vintage.
I'll check again and post a picture of the tags.
When I got it home I took a closer look and found that the entire "cage" assembly is just sitting there, just held in place by 4 little corner brackets about 2" tall, but not secured down at all.
I checked to be sure the top and bottom sections were bolted together before we hit the road, but never even noticed the entire structure was not secured to the deck!
Luckily seas were dead calm!

Weller

When I got it home I took a closer look and found that the entire "cage" assembly is just sitting there, just held in place by 4 little corner brackets about 2" tall, but not secured down at all.
I checked to be sure the top and bottom sections were bolted together before we hit the road, but never even noticed the entire structure was not secured to the deck!
Good thing you made it home safe.
Just went through the same scenario bringing home a drash support trailer, brackets in place but assembly not mounted to the deck, was thankful the ride home was smooth and steady. I'll be bringing extra bags of tie down straps on next trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks