• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF Thiokol 4T10

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to sure what i will do with it.

I'm always willing to help! We have a bit of land in central/northern Alberta. In the winter we can drive in the snow and in the summer, in the pasture. I'm great at cleaning things so when you're not around, I'll wash the windows and put air in the new tires.

It's the perfect vehicle for my farm but is 8 trucks back so I'll really enjoy watching what you do with it, thanks for the pictures.

RangerBob

Pick it up Sat. #208. Seems complete. Not to sure what i will do with it. I hope everything is in order for running gear( gear box). I will try to start it this week or weekend with a
quick tuneup. Have not found a motor number in it yet. I want to say its a ford 300. Tires are all shot. Any ideas? Any help with knowledge on this beast is and would be appreciated.
I need to find a manual but everything will sort itself out.
She's beautiful!! The reg# says it's a '61. Have a picture of the dataplate?

Baddabing...http://goldcordmine.com/manuals/Thiokol 4T10/

RangerBob

<snip>
Not to sure what i will do with it.
<snip>
You will fix it, and love it, and care for it, and drive it around to the delight of family, friends, and neighbors. You will take it to military vehicle shows, trailer it in parades, volunteer it for SAR, pull stuck wheelers out of the muck, and, of course, wax it on Sundays. :whistle:

15beartooth

Thanks. I plan on keeping it as is with all mechanicals tuned. I like the weather look. Wiring is shot as it must taste good. What size tires do you have. I have 6.5 x 15 and a few misc. not to sure where to look for tires though. Rear sprockets will need relined as well. The top roof hatch will work awesome for gunning varmints it the winter.

RangerBob

I'll be on the road for a few weeks, so until I get a chance to check mine, here is what the manual says...

4T Tires.jpg

If you need anything else, member Boggie is an excellent source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks