• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 Gun Ring Armor

MatthewH

Thanks to Derrickl112, finally have that M66 ring on hand. Next order of business is to build some armor for it. Looking to build armor that covers 360 degrees, with ballistic glass front and back. With steel sides, that can be modified with glass as more is aquired.
Question is, how exactly does the original side plates, or front plates attach? Didn't notice any substantial holes that could be utilized. Scrolled threw the TM but it was to attach to truck.
Anybody have any pics of there setup? Ideally, we'd like it to spin as the turret spun
Thanks

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M66 rings did not originally have armor. There was a gunners shield that mounted to the pintle, but all the side and rear armor was conjured up during our latest wars. Search for photos of how it was mounted, that'd probably be your best bet.

MatthewH

I have seen pics of that front sheild/pintle combo, and some of a total pkg, but they were pics if truck and all. Didn't know if a member had attached armor on there M66
I'll sift threw some more see what I can find

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks