• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a electrical diagram

CDR

I looked at every TM and can't find a good electrical diagram for it. I'm trying to figure out what wires do what on the master switch. Thanks for any help!

glassk

2-47. MASTER SWITCH
Testing.Shut down generator set.Open left side engine access door and disconnect negative battery cable.Release control panel by turning two fasteners and lower control panel slowly.Tag and disconnect MASTER SWITCH (42, Figure 2-14) electrical leads.Check switch for continuity using multimeter. Refer to Electrical Schematic FO-1 (S-1 Circuit Schedule) todetermine circuits made to corresponding switch positions.Check continuity until all five positions have been checked.door

ARMY TM 9-6115-641-24
AIR FORCE TO 35C2-3-456-12

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
I saw that what I can't seem to
Find is...
"Electrical Schematic FO-1 (S-1 Circuit Schedule)"
did you find it? it is right after ALPHABETICAL INDEX near the end of the -24 manual. S-1 is really very simple, it is just 4 single pole single throw switches with one end of each tied together.

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yep, upper right is S-1 pin out. actual wiring is on left side of that same page. i could not find a page number in my manual!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In theory you are correct, but I have seen a random wire change or two over the years, that don't match up between the two. I think they were on items like the oil pressure switch (where the wire wasn't so important, as it was just completing a circuit). But a good rule of thumb is that they are pretty interchangeable.

loosegravel

Just a retired mechanic who's having fun!
In theory you are correct, but I have seen a random wire change or two over the years, that don't match up between the two. I think they were on items like the oil pressure switch (where the wire wasn't so important, as it was just completing a circuit). But a good rule of thumb is that they are pretty interchangeable.
Thank you!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also seen wire numbers (and their respective wiring diagrams) vary between models too... Don't recall if they were in the move over from Libby to Fermont, but I've had equivalent sized machines be side by side and there be slight differences between the two (but match what's on the supplied in-machine diagrams). Normal owner will never need this info, just an observation from machines through the years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks