• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2 tires

Iron Bender

Here is my M101A2 trailer with 315/75R16 tires mounted on 16x8 wheels with 4.5" of backspacing:

Ammocantrailer.jpg

They fit just fine. You'll have no problem with even smaller tires.

papakb

I ran HMMWV 37" HMMWV wheels and tires on my A2 for several years and all I did was put a 1/4" spacer plate behind them. Never had any issues with the tires rubbing the wheelwells even when fully loaded. The nice thing about the HMMWV wheels and tires is they're plentiful and cheap.

Kurt

KG6KMJ

Orionspath

M101A2 Tires Rims Applicability

What was the 1/4 in Back plate used for? To move the rim away from body/leaf springs? Where can I get 2 of the back plates? Really want to move from 9” tires to Hmmvee milSpec tires...what can I expect to pay for 90% rims and tires?k

I ran HMMWV 37" HMMWV wheels and tires on my A2 for several years and all I did was put a 1/4" spacer plate behind them. Never had any issues with the tires rubbing the wheelwells even when fully loaded. The nice thing about the HMMWV wheels and tires is they're plentiful and cheap.

Kurt

KG6KMJ

Last edited:

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the 1/4 in Back plate used for? To move the rim away from body/leaf springs? Where can I get 2 of the back plates? Really want to move from 9” tires to Hmmvee milSpec tires...what can I expect to pay for 90% rims and tires?k
Yeah, to move the tire out just a little. Sometimes they rub a little bit on the parking brake cable is my understanding, this just moves them out a little bit.

I just paid like $17 for a pair of 1/2 inch spacer plates on Amazon. Looking at the studs that's probably the absolute thickest you can do without either doing longer studs or 2" spacer/adapter with their own set of lug studs.

I'm still looking for a local set myself, there's a guy about 150 miles away selling some used HMMWV tires and rims on craigslist for $100 each. Anywhere from $75 to $200 seems to be the going rates depending on age and wear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks