• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Truck does not run" GL auction newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

halloran

Well I am a new member here and thought I would ask a newbie question when it comes to bidding/buying on a 5 ton "truck does not run" type auction. I have read that some users have had a whole lot of hit and miss with most of these auctions in general. I guess my main question would be whether or not it would be worth just having it freighted and roll the dice on repairing it once it arrives or if these are the kind of trucks that really should be inspected thoroughly before bidding. I live about a 7 hour drive from Fontana and don't really want to get into a money pit. I have read the service manuals on these trucks pretty well on how to prime the fuel system by hand, check for the air cleaner element, check batteries etc.

Has anyone bought a "truck does not run" from GL site unseen? If so what has your personal experience been with a "truck does not run" situation. Thanks!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are kidding right? I'll get lambasted for pointing out that you have not done any research on the site at all or you would know what the answers are.

They get asked over and over and people buy them that way all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks