• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Increasing PT pressure

Jakelc15

Just put a #20 button in. Had a #37. #27 should have been stock.
Haven't driven it yet. I'll get pressure, egt and boost #'s in the morning

Jakelc15

Definitely an improvement.
Seeing 225 psi, I may turn the screw down a bit.
The pressure comes up faster.
I didn't really notice more boost, still around 13 max.
Maybe 800° exhaust pre turbo.

I was able to accelerate up hills that previously could barely hold my speed on.
I have a #12 button also but I think that may be too much.

Jakelc15

I sent my injectors out and had them flowed 30cc over stock. Antrim Diesel in Greencastle Pa did them.
Feels like it has more power. I feel like I'm not holding the pedal down as far to cruise.
Pyrometer stayed about the same. 900° max, but was only bobtail.
I'll get pt pump pressure and boost numbers later.

Jakelc15

Pulled my M348 yesterday.
Still about 17 psi boost.
Hit 1000° pre turbo on a long steep hill before dropping a gear
Fuel pressure peaked about 185 psi

I was at 225 psi before I had the injectors flowed. I did not adjust the pt pump. I feel more comfortable with 185 than 225.

I recommend anyone that is running the overhead on their nhc250 pull the injectors. Even if you aren't looking for more power, throw some new o-rings on them anyway. A few of mine looked like they were poorly installed with cut o-rings.

Jakelc15

The stock air filter and the Wix 46664 are not enough cfm. Both are bringing the air filter restriction gauge up to the red line with a new filter.

So next I'll be looking for a new air cleaner and installing a fuel filter restriction gauge. My truck seems to run better on the right tank than the left.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The stock air filter and the Wix 46664 are not enough cfm. Both are bringing the air filter restriction gauge up to the red line with a new filter.

So next I'll be looking for a new air cleaner and installing a fuel filter restriction gauge. My truck seems to run better on the right tank than the left.
I have the air filter housing from a 915a1. It will mount on the fender there as wel. I have one with the mounting stuff you are welcome to.

I run a wix 46857 that is a compact inside out design in it's own housing unit that will allow 1550 cfms. Pretty pricey though. You may look for a international Prostar unit that will lay flat on the fender but be elongated. Or simply modify the breather on your current box so its forces air in.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled my M348 yesterday.
Still about 17 psi boost.
Hit 1000° pre turbo on a long steep hill before dropping a gear
Fuel pressure peaked about 185 psi

I was at 225 psi before I had the injectors flowed. I did not adjust the pt pump. I feel more comfortable with 185 than 225.

I know I would want to at least try it. Throttle shaft screw out 1/4 to see if I could get 195 and if there was a difference in performance.

Jakelc15

I have the air filter housing from a 915a1. It will mount on the fender there as wel. I have one with the mounting stuff you are welcome to.

I run a wix 46857 that is a compact inside out design in it's own housing unit that will allow 1550 cfms. Pretty pricey though. You may look for a international Prostar unit that will lay flat on the fender but be elongated. Or simply modify the breather on your current box so its forces air in.
I've been crazy busy at work the past couple weeks.
I'd like to try that air cleaner housing if you still have it.

Ran 100 gallons of fuel through with no issues so far.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks