• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

16.5 Budd Rims?

citizensoldier

Did they ever make a 16.5 budd rim that fits the Dodge M37/WC axles? Just wondering because with all the new, nicely priced HUMMV tires floating around they would be nice under a M37.. If never build I would consider cutting out the centers on some one piece 16.5 880 rims and building some.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would use HMMWV wheels/rims to build your own. There are plenty of the stronger 24-bolt wheels being offered, lately.
With only 6.5 inches, the M880 wheel is a bit too narrow for that size tire...

G.

gravely8199

i spoke with a fellow at Marsh Racing Wheels and they have done the M37 budd centers into 16.5 rings. around 155 and shipping with your center sent to them. dont go the weld in center on H1 wheels. you just cannot get enough back space on the M37. nobody that makes one recomends more than 5" bs and if you want more then the bolts on the wheel cannot be removed/replaced due to the center disc.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.............they have done the M37 budd centers into 16.5 rings.
16.5 rings - you mean one-piece rims?
... dont go the weld in center on H1 wheels. you just cannot get enough back space on the M37.
So how much is the backspace on a stock M37 wheel? More than 7"?
.... nobody that makes one recomends more than 5" bs and if you want more then the bolts on the wheel cannot be removed/replaced due to the center disc.
Could you expand on this a bit?

G.

gravely8199

yes, a one piece outer rim. they called it a barrel! back space on the original i believe is 6.5-7" since the WMS is nearly even with the face edge of the rim. i have thee m37 in variuos states. one i am machining the hub to a 8-6.5 pattern for H1 wheels since the backspace is good and it only moves the outer edge of the rim out about 1.25". i can live with that much past the body.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks