• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Blasting Cabinets

steelandcanvas

Looking for a descent blasting cabinet..Not Homeowner grade, and not commercial/industrial grade either...something in between. Looked through Harbor Freight...looked pretty cheesy. Any ideas??

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Company in NC..............I think "Blast it all". They make industrial grade cabinets that are mostly automated..but they also make lower grade units......very nice. I have one and it's the bomb. Awesome filtration system (it is totally clear when blasting), recessed flourescent lighting, foot pedal and a separate regulator.

Attachments

Jimmy

I got mine off of the Matco tool truck years ago. You can get any size or style you want from them but any brand tool carrier has them..it only cost $20.00 a week. I have always paid them 20 a week and guess I always will, you can never have to many tools.

Kman

I bought a model 960 cabinet from TP tools and love it.I was in Ohio and stopped by their showroom on a Saturday morning and they had a scratch and dent room and saved a couple hundred on my cabinet plus shipping as they simply loaded it in the back of my Ford Ranger.They sell a kit to build your own cabinet also_Only thing I might do different is that there is a taller version of the 960 that you can roll tires and rims into...

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I agree with Clinto that Blast-it-all makes a really nice blasting cabinet. Zero and Empire are also a good brands. TPTool also makes a nice cabinet just a step below, and is a great place for various supplies. Unless I needeed one quickly I would look for any industrial auctions in your area for awhile to wait till a good cabinet pops up. They often go very cheap at these type auctions, and you are often able to get the related equipment at the same time like extra gun parts, filters and abrasive. For instance I have a Blast-it-all cabinet a bit larger then Clintos, but not as attractive. It came with the cyclone abrasive reclaimer, and the large cabinet final filter. I paid $75 for all that, and then another $100 for well over $1000 worth of various abrasives. The cheap cabiniets will do the job, but the filter system will not work well plus the gun will be cheap. If you guy a cheap cabinet replace the gun as soon as you can.

Clinto your garage is TOOOOO pretty. Trough some oil on that floor or something. Anyways what type of reclaimer and filter does your blaster have?

badboyblasters

steelandcanvas said:
Looking for a descent blasting cabinet..Not Homeowner grade, and not commercial/industrial grade either...something in between. Looked through Harbor Freight...looked pretty cheesy. Any ideas??
Please visit our website www.badboyblasters.com. We are a family compnay and take much pride in the cabinets we build. Call my cell at anytime 765-967-1241

badboyblasters

clinto said:
Company in NC..............I think "Blast it all". They make industrial grade cabinets that are mostly automated..but they also make lower grade units......very nice. I have one and it's the bomb. Awesome filtration system (it is totally clear when blasting), recessed flourescent lighting, foot pedal and a separate regulator.
Want to see a real BLAST CABINET Visit www.badboyblasters.com. We build cabinets from 33" to 96" in width. Here is a sample of our BEAST 2

Attachments

madsam

Has anyone ever tried to use the hand held GRAVITY FEED BLASTER with the hopper on top? I want to use it on a large portion of my truck to get the loose paint and rust off. What do other people use for large parts like a truck?

Kman

I also have one of those pressure/siphon feed units that you can buy for around $100. it works well,I blasted the cab of my bucket truck with it(note: disassemble the heater/vent assembly first as it gets filled with sand).I also have one of those $15. hand held siphon guns from Lowes and I use that quite a bit to blast metal on the trucks when I need to do a repair weld job and I am pleased with it.

steelandcanvas

Thanks for all the input guys, I did purchase a blasting cabinet and compressor from TP Tools. Have yet to use it though, still trying to get the Shop in order, ie: Wiring, air plumbing, water plumbing, framing, etc, etc. But the Deuce fits with room to spare, and is not out in the cold Colorado winter.

dozer1

Well, I searched and indeed there already was a thread about the subject I am wondering about. This is an old thread, so is there any new opinions and reviews on blasting cabinets out there? I want to add one of these to my shop this year, but know little about what features to look for. All I know is they can be handy as heck to have around. Used one in a motorcycle shop years ago. Like steelandcanvas said in the first post, not homeowner, not huge industrial. Something in between (pushing towards the industrial side)

littlebob

What you blastin? I have the HF that I bought for less than $200. My only problem so far has been the humidity down here.

steelandcanvas

I saw this thread come back on the Forum and thought it would be a good time to update my results. I have had the cabinet for 4 years now and couldn't be happier. I have replaced tips, guns, hoses and just about everything that wears out on this cabinet. The Folks at TP Tools are always helpful, and send the replacement parts right away. I Purchased the 960 Patriot Cabinet and a 5HP Champion compessor, both have been trouble free. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks