• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mini-Mogs???

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a interview trip to TN I stopped in at a junk yard too grown over to pass up and found three Unimogs?, they were about the size of an M37 and in poor shape but there were three of them and the guy said he had never sold a part off of them, though when I asked about a price he "would have to think about it 'cause he heard them axles was worth $1500 apiece to them rock crawler guys'. So if anyone is interested let me know.
James G.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: Extra Photo

Oooh, that's sad. They were Unimog 411's at some point. You might be able to buy all three and make 3/4 of one. Rock-crawlers won't be buying those axles for $1500. They are no where near as strong at the 406/416 or 1300 axles and wouldn't hold up to the abuse of big tires and high HP.

Here's some stats:
6 speed transmission
2 speed reverse
4 cylinder diesel engine, 108 cubic inch, model OM 636, 32hp
15 inch ground clearance
83 inch wheel base
4700 pounds
Heater
Locking front and rear differentials (operated by a lever in the cab)
Front and rear PTO
Air compressor and air tank
Full hydraulics
3-way dump bed
12 volt electrics

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Offer him a few grand and see what happens. They are worth that in parts.

They deserve a better fate than the torch....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks