• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Schutt Industries 1CSL0-SLC-T-1000 Self Loading Trailer

painter paul

Well, I got sn# 15 of the SLC trailers yesterday. It apparently defaulted and they relisted it. Going to try to get it next week and see if it has the same issues as the others listed here. I had bid on a rebuilt M915A1 but it went out of my budget. God Bless, Paul

Artisan

Paul you are going to be Impressed!

These things are off the hook cool!

I am not sure if it was mentioned or not but the little
lawn mower batteries they use come w/ POS on the left
on some and POS on the right on some, make sure you
duplicate what is there or you will moving wires.

Take the Guides off before you haul it.

Artisan

It weighs 7000 pounds Paul. If you bring a 7 pin (round pins )
electrical connector you can make the lights work w/ the civilian connection I believe
but the brakes are air over hydraulic. I have a Ford F-250
SuperCab w/ 460 and my brakes are UpGraded to an F450
system under the hood and I would not want to pull that
trailer w/o brakes at speed. I used my Ford to move my trailer a few
blocks and no way. 7K is a lot. Your 1 Ton will fair better
but still drive 55 and stay alive if brakeless on the trailer.

Artisan

The hydraulic tank has a filter. Well two of them.

It is a Style "B" #K0 40812 by Donaldson.
http://www.donaldson.com/en/ih/support/datalibrary/000706.pdf

Looks like is has a serviceable breather element and I think
a pressure gauge can be added, I think it would indicate
a high pressure if the filter were clogged. The filter
is a Cellulose #P171533. It is a little over 5" long
so a fairly substantial filter it is.

PATRIOT1

Paul,

Two things. If you do want to use the 7-pin RV hookup, it is a Male end connection at the trailer, so you'll have to have an adapter. Second, Artisan is right. You DON'T want to tow this without air brake support. Also, if you run this thing to NE, you will RUIN the air bags, if you run on them without being inflated. Just something to consider, besides the potential crash and burn given how much this beauty weighs in at. Good luck, either way.

painter paul

Thank you for the concerns. They are noted. Could someone give me the lunette ring dimensions? I measured my pintles and they vary from a 1 5/8" opening to a 2" opening. Actually my CUCV dually has a larger opening than my M915A1. I measured a M105 trailer and it has a 3" diameter inside hole, a 1 5/8" thick ring and an outside diameter of 6 1/4". Is the7 pin trailer male end on the trailer a 7 pin rv(flat spring connectors) or a 7 pin round civilian semi plug? Thanks, Paul

painter paul

Artisan,
Wow, what quick service!! Thanks so much. The pintle should work fine. And I see a standard commercial semi 7 pin round female connector on the trailer, definetly not a male or a rv type. Now i can make up an adaptor for the trip. Looks like I may have to adjust the lunette ring down to make it ride level with the pickup. I am guessing this has 12 volt led only lighting, not the dual 12 volt/24 volt separate systems on some older military trailers. Thanks, Paul

painter paul

Yes, I figure the M915A1 will take about twice the fuel. Now I have another question. Are the led lights 12 volt or 24 volt? Seems to be some discrepancies here. Thanks, Paul

Artisan

I do not know but I would suggest they will work w/ a civilian
truck if all is wired status quo. Please tell me what the
clearance light on the convertor box is for! I think it has
something to do w/ civilian use.

(You will see what I mean instantly when you arrive at your new trailer and plug it into the trailers electrical box)

painter paul

Decided to take the M915a1 to save hookup hassles and save time. Does the SLC trailer have glad hand hookups on a airline long enough to reach the rear air hookups on my M915a1 or do I need to bring airlines to extend back from the truck to the trailer? Thanks ,Paul

Artisan

Bravo Paul, a wise decision, you will see...

Does not your M915A1 have gladhands right there at the rear pintle? If so you should be fine.
If you do not have gladhands at the very rear you will need to make extensions from
the pogo area.

My M916 has gladhands right there at the pintle, I actually cut 6" off my trailers air lines
to make them more to my liking and not so close to the ground. Easy to do,
all's you need is a pair of -6 "slotted" type DOT ferrules. Just CUT, add ferrules
and tighten down...

Artisan

You may want to bring a 1-1/8" socket and breaker bar
to possibly adjust the lunette ring for your M915. I "lowered"
my trailers lunette ring to the very bottom on the trailers
lunette ring mount and it is about perfectly level. My truck is
50" from the ground to the top of the frame rails if that helps any.

painter paul

So then the trailers has extension air line hoses that will reach the pintle area or it has fixed glad hands on the tongue and I need to bring coily hoses to go from the pintle area to the the fixed glad hands on the trailer tongue. Thanks Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks