• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What size plug is used on Rear wheel CTIS removal?

MtnSnow

After changing out a few tires/wheels on the Beast I'm really contemplating removing the CTIS and or have the plugs on hand if something breaks while out on the road.....So I want to know what size thread/Plug(s) are being used to plug the rear hubs when doing a CTIS removal. So far I have not been able to find an answer to this question. I have found mentioning of using a 3/4x16 drain plug for the front hub but only seen a picture of a plug but no sizes listed for the rear....Also where to find them if oddball sized.

Thanks in advance for helpful insight.

5tonman1971

If you have a working ctis system I would leave it alone. After owning my m813a1 with no ctis I have grown to really appreciate my ctis on my m939 series. You always have correct tire pressure it lets you know if your loosing pressure and as long as you don't get a complete blow out the ctis will keep that tire air up enough to get you some where safe.

Even to be able to drop the tire pressure in 2 inches of wet slippery packing snow like lower Michigan kind of snow that turns to ice when it gets packed down making a tire aired up over 50 psi USELESS and cuasing you to be stuck in your own yard.

In my opinion the ctis is of of the highlights of these trucks!(when it's working that is)

MtnSnow

Don't get me wrong 5tonman I like my working CTIS but while doing the work I did can see the benifit of having the capability of capping off the CTIS parts when out on the trail without replacement parts available. (Much easier to keep a couple of plugs in a toolbox than a complete CTIS housing/hoses etc)

MtnSnow

Update...It looks like it is an "-10AN straight thread plug" is what is needed. Which is a 5/8 x 14 thread from what I have finally come across. Going to hit one of the local hydraulic hose shops and see if I can get a couple and actually physically check that is what is needed.

smokem joe

Just to update this post with a little clearer info. The tube size is 5/8. The thread is a -10AN which is a 7/8x14 thread. Parker makes caps with orings for a couple dollars each. Search "Parker 10 P5ON-S SAE Hex Head Pipe Plug 7/8-14 ORB Male Steel" if you want to find them reasonably.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

mzak88

I just acquired a 1990 925a2 with CTIS. I was told it was disconnected. It everything appears to be intact. I plugged the control box in and I’ll have a flashing HWY light which will change to 5 flashing lights after about 10 minutes. No noise in cab at all. Dying to figure out what was done and or what it would take to get operational, I am real OCD bout stuff like that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks