• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from France

frenchnavy

I discovered this forum and I'm so happy. Why ? I plan to buy a 1985 Chevy M1009 from a friend and I'm looking for all possible informations in order to help me. Otherwise, I'm quite far from most of you, living in south west of France, retired MPA pilot from French Navy. Thanks to all for your welcome, and your patience for (sometimes...) my poor english ;) I will try to do my best !

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You type English better than some of us. We're just down the block from Quebec. We call it practice France and some of Canada's Coolest Collectors of Retired Military Vehicles call it home.

Kinda funny though, every time I think of someone I hung out with that was either Navy or French, alcohol was always involved.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers and eat well, is that Bon Appetite?

frenchnavy

You type English better than some of us. We're just down the block from Quebec. We call it practice France and some of Canada's Coolest Collectors of Retired Military Vehicles call it home.

Kinda funny though, every time I think of someone I hung out with that was either Navy or French, alcohol was always involved.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers and eat well, is that Bon Appetite?
Thanks a lot General ! You're right it's "bon appetit" :)

Of course, here to get a lot of fun, until I will have with my Chevy.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard!! Welcome to the "madness" as some call the green addiction! GREAT site!! Tons of information here, really neat people too. Enjoy your M1009! I know that I enjoy mine! Your English is better A OKAY!

God bless,
Tony

frenchnavy

I got it ! With minor failure (bloody ball on IP) and many elec problems that I will try to solve one by one by reading the forum.

IMG_20140609_162725.jpg

IMG_20140609_203427.jpg

Oops..... Double click and enable to delete... Thanks to admin to delete for me.....

Last edited:

frenchnavy

Hi everyone.
bastards came to my home last night, pics will show you the result. The end of an adventure, a passion, why ?
I would like to thank you all of us for your support, help, and brotherhood. Even if I was discreet, with few threads, this forum, your forum has been a root of knowledge for me. I found billion of informations and tricks to make my CUCV a nice one. I was so happy to have one of the few CUCV available in France.
My dream has died...

IMG_1525.jpg

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My god who would do that.
Do have any idea.
Was it insured.
Don't give up.
My thoughts are with you.

frenchnavy

Some f... bas... with nothing to do except to give mess in your life. Yes it was insured, but nothing will replace it, this Chevy is so hard to find in France in a mint condition as mine was ! I'm not only disappointed, I'm in fury, I would like to be an American with 2nd amendment. God, just give me a gun...

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to put a reaction to that picture in words that can be printed here.

I'm sad for your loss and just a year past losing my shop from a neighbour's fire, so I can empathize with what you're going through. Best advice after loosing 5 vehicles in a fire, 6 when my son's first car is included......mourn a little, just like I'm doing for you right now.

After that, man you got some tough decisions. I just gathered up more steel that needed my help and that's the best advice I can give. Let us know what we can do to help and know, all of us will be thinking of you.

jeremymx26

I was getting ready to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on your nice truck.
Then my jaw just dropped. I am sorry for the loss. Don't give up hope and good luck finding another.

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You ain't alone! I don't have much as far as CUCV parts but I'll share with ya if ya get another. We adapt, modify, and survive. There ARE TONS of great people here. We tend not to let another member down as long as they're willing to help themselves. My prayers are with ya! Any chance of catching who did it?
God bless
Tony

frenchnavy

Thank you so much Tony. You can't imagine how it's important and amazing for me to feel this brotherhood, it's too heartwarming. For the time being, first fight will be with insurance to be refund as far as possible... Long way to go, may be monthes even if it's criminal fire.
If god give me at least one chance to catch up those bast... my brothers of special forces and I will give them a party to ****... They do not only burn my CUCV, but they burn what I consider as a piece of USA, MY part of America.
My wife and I are as well bikers, riding Harley and one time a year we spend good time in USA as far as bucks are enough. We'll get a look next year for that depends where we'll go. The 3 last years we were in New Smyrna Beach, Fl. for Daytona Bike Week.

Thanks a lot again to you, god bless America.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks