• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Man kat1

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Folks and I am requesting some opinions/knowledge. I have searched for this info and could not find much of anything concerning the MAN KAT series of vehicles. I have a potential purchase of a 1989 MAN KAT1 4x4 5 ton truck, the truck is an EX-German Army with currently 21K miles on it, the owner says the truck is 100% mechanically and the tires are about 85% life left on them. I have done some research on the truck but have been unable to find a decent source for parts, well for that matter not even a good source for filters? Obviously if I cannot find a good source for parts this deal is not going to happen. Does anybody have any opinions or experience with these trucks and what the status of parts availability in the USA is? If you do and have a few seconds please let me know your thoughts, I know there are a lot of you with a LOT more experience on the do's and dont's on these trucks and if its a terrible truck and you would never own one please let me know!
Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge!

Karl Kostman

dmetalmiki

You buy one of these and..you HAVE a super truck. (as in nice, as well as super = tough!) The range is fantastic all types. and (dare I say it (yes)) they do have everything a military truck should possess. like brakes and tire infators that actually work..air driers that actually function, fuel solenoids that "solenoid"!... the list goes on and on. they are popular in the E.U. and Blighty..www.milweb.net/webverts/45442/ read and (iether weep! or) enjoy.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks dmetalmiki I checked out milweb and they sure do have a lot of resources on that site, a lot of them I am familiar with (USA ONES) and did not see any in this country that would carry MAN truck where availability would not be questionable, do you by any chance know of any other sources in the states? And thanks for your thoughts on the truck I like it a lot but i am afraid it would be a good weed grower if something broke and I had to wait 6 months to get parts to fix it!
Thanks again
Karl

5tonman1971

I've been looking for one for awhile now I'd really love to have one. If you have the chance to buy one do it you won't regret it!

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys thank your for your comments on the truck they are appreciated, but let me restate my primary question concerning this truck, WHERE CAN I GET PARTS IN THE USA FOR THIS TRUCK??? So far the internet has given up nothing to help me locate a parts dealer, any help at all would sure be appreciated!
Thanks
Karl

5tonman1971

Have you tried eBay? Having to get parts from overseas may be worth having the truck tho. But I'm very sure that most of the parts you will be able to find here at local truck parts stores. Certain parts like hard parts; axles,engine,trans,transfer case, ctis controller, ect. You may have to get from over seas but most other things should cross over.

I looked into these and the Tatra trucks last summer. The best source of parts is Europe or Eastern Russia. A lot of the filters will cross reference with filters available in the US. Get on the European forums and check around I remember there were several retailers that will ship to the US and would do it fairly quickly. Because the truck wasn't ever made available here you'll be fairly hard pressed to find spares commercially available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks