• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Off road modified M416 trailer

100acre

You could see where the old metal frame of the trailer had actually torn or ripped like paper. The spare tire mount that I got from Etrailer although a great addition, was kind of loose in the trailer hitch socket that I had welded to the back of the trailer and all the bumps and potholes and everything I've crossed in the back roads of America eventually made the tire mount shake back-and-forth so much that it wore out the original metal framing. I used my Farm Jack and bottle jack to lift and push it back into position, where I roped and strapped it into place. Luckily there was an old timer 4 miles up the road that welds raft frames and after four hours of work he rebuilt my trailer and re-strengthened it with added supports.

On a side note; I had used self tapping screws to attach the jerrycan holders onto the side of the trailer but, after the bumper had peeled off and there was no more bottom support for the cans the self tapping screws finally just pulled out all except for one and who knows how long until I had a big fiery boom at the end of my day. Now they're held in place with lag bolts and Nylox nuts.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks