• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rat Deuce project 1

BBQROD

Ok here is this weeks update. I moved the rear end to the deuce frame got it mounted. Started mocking up motor mounts. Got the shocks mounted on the rear. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400191949.954491.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400191967.766064.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400191979.465727.jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure why this is making me smile.......... Just have a feeling you're going to teach us some lessons and I wish I could follow you around the garage for a while.

Could be the mystery of not knowing what the end result is going be so thanks for posting the build and giving up some photos.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As said before, thanks for sharing! Will watch and see what type of "monster" comes out of this creation! Good luck and God's speed!

God bless,
Tony

BBQROD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400326829.313097.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1400326840.010334.jpg
I managed to get the motor in the saddle yesterday. Me and my son took a ride up to Clint's house and procured a cab one front fender and a windshield frame. So far so good!

61sleepercab

You have me stumped as what you are up to? I built a SAR truck (some assembly required) 1946 International KB-5 chassis, body built from 2" pipe, dog kennel tubing, bed frame angle iron, garage door track and sheet metal from local auto body stamping plant. Flat head 6, 4 speed and 2 speed manually shifted axle completed the SAR. Have fun. Mark

BBQROD

I'm building a deuce that will run highway speeds with automatic trans, power steering, a/c, with all the driveline from a 1990s school bus. It will be a two wheel drive street machine
And I'm trying to get everything together to make it a dump bed.

Last edited:

BBQROD

Well I managed to get the fuel tank mounted today. Starter mounted, new freeze plugs in the engine to replace the rusty ones.

Last edited:

whiskey357

Banned
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM so this is a weekend project for ****s and giggles or giggles and ****s.....looks like a runner or something like that ...like you said good rat car........have seen them but one not so big.....best of luck

BBQROD

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM so this is a weekend project for ****s and giggles or giggles and ****s.....looks like a runner or something like that ...like you said good rat car........have seen them but one not so big.....best of luck
Yes sir it's defiantly for giggles and kicks! I will be able to comfortably tow home M105s and M35s at a decent pace with auto and a/c. :^) ill have MaDeuceAh for the woods and FrankinDeuce for the street!

BBQROD

Well I have completed a few things this week. I mounted my power steering GB and battery box and tool box. And air tanks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401406951.144436.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401406986.342328.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401407000.673862.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401407011.152218.jpg
Don't worry that diamond plate aluminum door is going bye bye.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks