• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Houston Area Parts???

sailor2000

Someone told me yesterday that there is 'a place that works on M35s, etc and sells parts up on 290 somewhere'.... Anyone know what he was referring to? There used to be a guy (Houston truck and equipment maybe) that bought and sold mil trucks... Any other parts sources in the Houston area???

Thanks

CanonNinja

There's a place in Waller off of 290 that used to mess with trucks, but mainly restores tracked armor now. AutoScan on Huffmeister, north of 290, did work on Jim Pruett's Deuce, but thats all I can think of off the top of my head. There's quite a few guys here in Houston, and Im sure Ken or one of the others will chime in.

CanonNinja

RE: Re: RE: Houston Area Parts???

Yeap, and the current owner of Jim Pruett's Guns and Ammo on the same road, about 3/4 mile north of 290

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Houston truck went out of buisness about 4 years ago. I wish i had half the parts he sent to scrap. There isn't anybody else who specializes in miliarty trucks here anymore. If you run into problems i'd be glad to help. They are pretty easy to work on. And the guys here can answer any questions that may arise. As far as getting parts. I have alot of civi crossover #'s and can get alot of stuff from a local auto parts store. Or i might already have something you need here. If you ever break down just holler. I've got a tow bar and we can get it home easy enough. What side of town are you on? Partrick is referring to repo-depo. in waller. He mainly deals in importing forien armor. Not really a repair shop.

sailor2000

About 15 yrs ago I dabbled in the GI Surplus biz.. remember the guy from Houston Truck from the Ft Hood DRMO auctions... too bad they closed...

I am in Clear Lake... Parts wise I am looking for a couple tires, a rt fender, a winch kit... Everything else is in pretty good shape except for some minor body cancer...

I have found the parts here and there around the country, but as you know, the freight is the killer....

How many 'hobby' deuces are there around Houston and when is the convention???

CanonNinja

The national convention was this past weekend in Little Rock (the MVPA big annual)... I dont think there's anything close to Tx going on the rest of the year, aside from whatever Ken and the museum guys have lined up.

For the winch kit, good luck. basically it seems the only way to get something worth while is to buy another entire deuce in quasi-decent shape, take what you need, and part the rest out. Tires, Ken will have to chime in, but there's a place out by me in Wharton that has NDCCs for $50 a pop. For the fender, Caldwell's place in Waxahachie has a number of body parts. I've been meaning to grab a left fender for my truck up there.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be able to fix you up on the fender. I'll look at it tonight and see what shape it's in. Gensco tire on OST sells ND's for $50 to $75 depending on what you want. They have a few thousand and you have to dig through and find the ones you want. As far as the winch goes try hitting the surplus dealers. Mabye somebody close by can pic it up for you and relay it home to help save on shipping. I make a run to boyce equipment when i vist my sister so mabye i could bring one back when i go up.
I know of about 12 dueces in houston. Mostly mueseum members. And there are a few i've seen driving down the road that i haven't reconised.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the military mueseum of texas. On wallisville at the 610 loop. On the east side on town. We have quite a few vehilcles and other stuff on display. We do parades/shows and tours on the weekends. We will be going out to the freedom festivle downtown for the fourth.

sailor2000

ken said:
It's the military mueseum of texas. On wallisville at the 610 loop. On the east side on town. We have quite a few vehilcles and other stuff on display. We do parades/shows and tours on the weekends. We will be going out to the freedom festivle downtown for the fourth.
What are the museum hours???

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We are open sat and sun 10 to 1600. If you like i can PM u directions and phone # to mueseum.

bmac6026

sailor2000 said:
Thanks.. found the museum web site.... I never knew it existed....
I had no idea either,but me and a friend took a tour this past Sunday and were blown away by what was in the shop :shock: not what we were expecting ,even Better!!
Will be joining as a member in the near future

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks