• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A genset- cranks- no start

codmech

unit cranks but will not start, was working fine. I followed trouble-shooting guide on unit and even swapped controller, actuator and relay from a working unit, still no start. Seems like internal magnet cant overcome external magnet on actuator. I even ran jumper wires from J & H terminals on controller straight to actuator plug and it still wont disengage arm. Anyone familiar with this unit and this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Munchies

Does it sound like it has good compression? I have done a lot of HG's on these

Fuel knob all the way up?
Disco the joint to the throttle control and manually move the throttle to max while starting, see what happens

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks