• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water leaking through gunner's opening cover

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When water is allowed to pool on the turret cover on my deuce, it will easily leak through, and I can tell much of the rust inside the cab is from many years of such leakage and resulting humid interior conditions afterward.

Is a bar like this to prop up the cover just something I need to fabricate, or can it be found somewhere?

turret_spring.jpg

AngusPodgorny

I think the question asked by the OP is whether there was ever an "official" part developed to remedy the water pooling problem.
I would speculate that the military would probably not have had a need for this because if the truck were in use then the water would not have a chance to pool, and the personnel inside probably would have just cleared the water off manually. If there were a brace of some sort, it would undoubtedly interfere with the use of the gunner's station.
Unless you plan on stationing a gunner in your cab, I'd probably just fab something up to do the job.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, both of you.

Yes, I was wondering if there was an official part, but that explanation makes perfect sense.

But there's an idea, forget fabricating up a part, just start putting together your own little army. First opening: "Permanent deuce gunner."

Some folks likely started with an ornament, or a "better half", while others have taken the long term approach to "grow" their own!

Guess I better fabricate a bar...

Hahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks