• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proud American Representing.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We were asked to bring Proud American Guntruck to a large high school in Newnan, Georgia today to represent the Vietnam Era in an annual program where the students (about 1K of them) get to interact with Veterans and Ex-Military folks.

I was truly overwhelmed to see the displays and meet the folks all the way back to WWII and hear some of their stories and see some of the stuff they brought to share. Some of those folks were in bad shape but they were there and representing in a very honorable way.:goodjob:

Carl did a super job telling Proud American's story to the kids while I stayed quietly out of the way and told lies to some other folks.

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We arrived back at the CAMO Compound just in time for the next mission. Busy day for Proud American!:beer:

We had a request for a photo shoot for some cheerleaders for some kinda team because Ft. Benning turned them down and they wanted military vehicle background.

Well... I told them they would have to wait til after duty hours (18:00hrs) and they showed up at 18:05 ready for business. Oh.... and I said I had to be there.:shrugs:

Anyhoo...here's a few pics of the follow on mission:

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
A great gesture PB. I am sure Carl mezmorized the crowd. I particularly liked the tarp with all the patches.
[thumbzup]
If you look closely that's a plain ole wool blanket, just like we were issued and required to make tight enough on the bunk to bounce a quarter when flipped on it!:rules:

He called it his "Security Blanket"!:D

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
good times had by all is what i see.. glad you posted up some nice pics so we working stiffs could see how the rich play. hahahahah

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
good times had by all is what i see.. glad you posted up some nice pics so we working stiffs could see how the rich play. hahahahah
Naw Tim, you know I'm not rich...you've been to my place a few times!

I'm just getting a little older and want to help keep the spirit alive until I croak. You can help eat my 50th birthday cake at the GA Rally this year....again!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks