• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - May VOTE HERE!

Vote for May SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

1. Auctionadict
1actionaddict.jpg

2. dtdoyle01
2dtdoyle01.jpg

3. 1987 M35A2C
3-1987 M35A2C.jpg

4. patracy
4patracy.jpg

5. Sandcobra164
5sandcobra164.jpg

6. goldneagle
6goldneagle.jpg

7. augdog1964
7Augdog1964.jpg

8. Coffey1
8Coffey1.jpg

9. trooper632
9trooper632.jpg

10. neophyte
10neophyte.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
11. EMD567
11EMD567.jpg

12. klawrance
12klawrence.jpg

13. Carlo
13Carlo.jpg

14. m715mike
14m715mike.jpg

15. fishtail
15fishtail.jpg

16. MyothersanM1
16MyothersanM1.jpg

17. gunboy1656
17gunboy1656.jpg

18. vtdeucedriver
18vtdeucedriver.jpg

19. sharecropper
19sharecropper.jpg

20. bchavette
20bchavettes.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whoo Hoooooo....have at fellers!!! No holds barred!! Kiss dogs, kick babies, tell lies etc....do what ya gotta do to get your choice picked...just like in Washington!!:beer:

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ummm.... where's the votey thingy??:shrugs:
At the top. Sorry, as I mentioned in my PM. I did this month a little different on the post/poll. I can only upload 10 pics per post. So I started the thread first, submitted it as closed, so I could get the second post in with 11-20 pics. Then I circled back to get the poll in place. Only way I can get it in before the "campaigning" gets underway with you folks LOL!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
At the top. Sorry, as I mentioned in my PM. I did this month a little different on the post/poll. I can only upload 10 pics per post. So I started the thread first, submitted it as closed, so I could get the second post in with 11-20 pics. Then I circled back to get the poll in place. Only way I can get it in before the "campaigning" gets underway with you folks LOL!
Well, of course you did....but I'm an idiot and didn't realize that!:roll:

sandcobra164

I'd be surprised if a CUCV won but I won't count him out. He has quite a history, he was originally a Fire Truck stored in a cave in Norway as part of the Marine Corps Pre-Positioning Program. He came back to the USA and was sold to us while we were looking for an M1009, he almost got taken back by Uncle Sam, a little man got attached to him and somehow, the Good Lord intervened and Sarge is safe and sound on our 2 acres. Briggs went for a ride in Sarge tonight with his Momma at the wheel and it's still NOS save for a heater core and some glow plugs and a DH resistor removal and wired for 12V for the glow plugs. It's still sitting on the original Firestone's from 1985 so it is as original as it can be and has driven to 2 GA Rallies under it's own power and climbed some stuff last year that the Deuce's couldn't go up thanks to having lockers in both axles that the USMC specified on their M1028'sIMAG1458.jpgDSC00434.jpgDSC00433.jpgDSC00432.jpgDSC00435.jpgIMAG1432.jpgIMAG1429.jpgWith M1102 Trailer.jpgDSC00439.jpgDSC00436.jpg. Let's Go Sarge!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Got the SEMTT out yesterday and went to the mud park. Friend of mine caught me and posted this to facebook.

semttontheroad.jpg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know I probably shouldn't ask in this thread but hey, just consider it "campaigning". So...how did the truck perform in the mud etc? You can't just say..."Hey I went mud riding" and leave it at that!!:driver:
I honestly didn't push it. I didn't want to bury it into the deep mud holes, but playing around the entire complex I never used the front axle at all!

BTW, I'd love to have a SS event at this place. PLENTY of room out there. Several areas to play at. Camping sites. There's great VFW park with LOTS of equipment just down the road.

zout

Looks like folks viewing just need to check out the array of vehicles and just pic one and vote on it - just do it !! Pick One ! click vote now.
Close voting this month and some awesome vehicles to check out.

Not hard to do - just use the left mouse button and CLICK VOTE NOW - very cool.

m715mike

I just got my first vote - THANK YOU! I'm happier than a puppy with two peters!!!

Okay, I'm not going down without a fight...

There's bound to be someone out there that likes Christmas camo:
IMG_0213.jpg

Or maybe you think the De Tomaso Pantera was manufactured for the sole purpose of posing in pictures with an MV:
SS load 2.jpgSS load 1.jpg

Or maybe you support the fight against breast cancer:
IMG_0169.jpg

Okay, maybe if you vote for me I'll stop pulling the two-wheeled SteelSoldier with a Nissan (a bribe never hurts).:naner:...
image.jpg

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M1028 sat on a National Guard base in Arizona for 25 years. When I got it in 2010 the original mileage was 12,338, which means it was driven around base approximately 500 miles per year. I purchased it from a fellow in Scottsdale, AZ who had won it in a local base auction, and then posted it for sale on Ebay. I had it shipped to Kentucky by Dependable Auto Shippers for $600, and when it rolled off the trailer, I could hardly believe the great shape it was in. For starters, there wasn't a dent anywhere, and I could not find one spec of rust, even under the door plates. The only issue was, somebody had stepped on the hood right in the middle and caved it in. I found a NOS hood still in the crate and started to install it, and then promptly lost complete control of myself and embarked on a complete frame-up restoration. While I had everything disassembled I went ahead and installed rear disc brakes, 5-inch lift, and cross-over steering. The wheels are custom 20" Firestone split rims I had built previously. The 11.00/20 NDT are brand new and I am running 15 ounces of Dyna Beads in each tube for a perfectly balanced ride. My rebuild thread tells the whole story, but basically I left the drivetrain intact and left the cab on the frame, and rebuilt everything else. Here are a few photos -

Attachments

sandcobra164

Sharecropper, someone told me earlier that a CUCV would win this month and it looks like you are on you're way to doing that. I've watched the thread on the restoration and upgrades of your truck and if you're still in the lead toward the end, I'll vote for you. I am also going to campaign and say that my truck has never had a fender pulled off, a paint job or anything and it's still under 7,000 original miles. So far as we know, it's the most original M1028 that has ever surfaced and I would love to see it pick up in the polls and win this thing. Sarge spent most of his life in a dehumidified cave in Norway, he's still wearing 1985 Firestone tires, let's make him Shine!!!

m715mike

Vote for me!!!

Just seven more and we can start kissin babies, making all kinds of BS promises and telling down right lies to win the vote...you know, sorta like real politicians!:popcorn:

Whoo Hoooooo....have at fellers!!! No holds barred!! Kiss dogs, kick babies, tell lies etc....do what ya gotta do to get your choice picked...just like in Washington!!:beer:

I did not want to resort to this, but the pressure is on and I need the votes. Here goes...

Fellow SSers, I do solemnly swear that a vote for me will improve your life (and that of your MV's) tenfold. How you may ask? Well I'm glad you did. Let me explain.

A vote for me in this month's contest will ensure the following:

1) The oil in your MV will never again get dirty and, thus, never again require changing
2) The faded paint on your MV will automatically rejuvenate
3) Your MV will start on the first crank every time regardless of outside temperatures (Note, this even applies if the batteries are not connected)
4) A 12v phone charger will magically appear in the cab of your MV
5) You will never again have to deal with stubborn navel lint
6) GL forklift operators will never again damage a piece of your equipment
7) Your HOA will allow you to park MVs in your driveway
8 ) Your wife will reinstate your GL buying privileges with no spending limits
9) Your tires will never wear or, if already worn, will re-grow their tread
10)
Seriously, are you still reading this post???

See folks, a vote for me will really improve your life tenfold. So don't wait. Vote now!!!
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks