• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--TIGGER--Matthew Helms

zout

The family really needs to sell the Truck - it is probably full of fuel as well (100 gallons) it has new tires 11.0x20's I had installed on it with new flaps as well and tubes. Whether you like the camper or not the powered unit is a great deal - just pm me and I can put you in touch if its a serious offer with cash in hand for the family within the SS community. It is worth it and it might not be the $$$ amount you think it might be - but it will get YOU into a great truck.

Thank you Chaplin for the calls to the family and speaking to them on terms you deal with everyday.

Look around for the pic at the rally beforehand and put that on the shirt - Him standing on the jeep and the jeep burried in mud and water at the Georgia Rally - now that was a great pic - and he had a ball driving it out there with you all.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The family really needs to sell the Truck - it is probably full of fuel as well (100 gallons) it has new tires 11.0x20's I had installed on it with new flaps as well and tubes. Whether you like the camper or not the powered unit is a great deal - just pm me and I can put you in touch if its a serious offer with cash in hand for the family within the SS community. It is worth it and it might not be the $$$ amount you think it might be - but it will get YOU into a great truck.

Thank you Chaplin for the calls to the family and speaking to them on terms you deal with everyday.

Look around for the pic at the rally beforehand and put that on the shirt - Him standing on the jeep and the jeep burried in mud and water at the Georgia Rally - now that was a great pic - and he had a ball driving it out there with you all.
I like the idea of a red cross on the sleeve opposite the American Flag.

1crook

I am at a loss. I was looking forward to seeing Tigger at the GA Rally again this year. We were set up near him last year and I got to talk with him more than I have before in between his running calls. He was really tired at times from running calls, but was ready to go again and his eyes light up as soon as the radio would go off again. I don't know that he got to go out on the trails as much or that he really cared that he did not get to do so, all that he cared about was helping those that were hurt out on the trails whether SS members or Durhamtown folks.

Our thoughts are with his family. R.I.P. Matthew

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm a loss for words as many are here. I will say that we've lost a great member here. I take comfort in knowing that he was right with the lord. But the pain still hurts us that are left behind.

I am praying for the family during this time. Rest in peace Matthew. Thank you for all your selfless service.

swindad2

I have only been a member for about a year and haven't been able to attend a rally yet, but I feel like I know a lot of you just from being on the site. I hate that I have missed an opportunity to meet such an awesome guy in person. I am also at a loss for words. My thoughts and prayers are with Matthew's family in their time of grief. Hopefully it is some comfort to them that he has moved on to a better place and will no longer suffer the pains of this world.

Katahdin

While I never got a chance to meet Mathew, I'd like to offer vespers for our recently departed Scout. When I was a Boy Scout this is something we would sing at the end of every campfire, we sang it at a few funerals too. :-(

Softly falls the light of day,
As our campfire fades away.
Silently each Scout should ask,
Have I done my daily task?
Have I kept my honor bright?
Can I guiltless sleep tonight?
Have I done and have I dared,
In everything to Be Prepared?

Day is done, gone the sun
From the lakes, from the hills, from the sky
All is well, safely rest
God is nigh.

BBQROD

I'm sure he survived his wreck to save countless others from there pain and suffering. I only met him once but even then he was exhausted from helping others. God speed my friend.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been praying for Matthew and his family ever since I saw this thread. I'm one of many that never met Tigger in person. I only knew of him through his posts. Regardless, he is a fellow brother. The tears flow down my face knowing that I won't get to meet him in person at this year's SSGR.

RIP, Brother Tigger. I look forward to meeting you in Heaven.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just thought of a small way we can remember Tigger. Would it be possible to develop a Smiley just for him?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I"m sure we come up with a red cross smiley or the like. I'm also quite certain that he will be remembered at the GA Rally.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too have been reluctent to respond, having never met the man or conversed with him. I followed several of his posts and read of his triumphs and challenges, posted by others. He indeed was a good man and now resides with the Lord. Prayers and condolences for his family and friends.
JC

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was cleaning up the desktop on the computer, and found this. After some thought, I decided to post it.

It was taken on the Friday night of Zout's picnic, 2013.IMGP0385.jpg

bigugh20

My condolences and prayers to the loved ones that he left behind. One can only hope that when there time on earth is done that they can look back and be proud of the life that they lived. If I come as close to that mark as Matthew seemed to, then I will be satisfied.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks