• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--TIGGER--Matthew Helms

3dAngus

For those of you who never met him, Tigger, Mathew, was the kind of person that exemplified exactly what Steel Soldiers and the Georgia RAlly is all about. My wife Joyce liked him as well.
His unselfish giving and charitable work efforts here and elsewhere, where he was always there for us, even when in pain and suffering, is the kind of things, the kind of MAN you want to find a medal for and pin it on. The fact that we cannot, the fact that he is no longer with us for us to honor in such a way, after patching up our wounds and giving us comfort through well chosen words, just sucks. I mean that.
It sucks. I am down right now saddened by the loss of a person who could have been a good friend if not for so many miles between us.
This was a GOOD man. I wish now I had taken more time then simply talking with him as he sat in front of Mikes MKT making change for us. I watched, quietly, as he patched up several injuries as to not interfere in the camaraderie he shared with the injured, and the sick. I admired him for it all. One fella here posts a signature, "one of the few".
When I see that, I will always think of Mathew. It fits so very well. God Bless his family and friends, the survivors.
A good man!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent some time thinking about Matthew the last couple of days. He was everything people say and more. I am proud I got to meet him.

michigandon

I haven't been over here for a few days and just got this sad piece of news from Spicy over on Facebook.

My heart goes out to his family. I know the Georgia Rally is not going to be the same without him. :(

Triple C

From the thousands of us who never had the opportunity to meet this amazing man, to his family and his friends, here and every where, we grieve the loss with and for you. Most of the readers, members and regular visitors will not post because everyone knows it would be overwhelming and you have all already said it so well. That in no way diminishes our respect and admiration for him. His contribution to the world is evident by the impact he has made on so many people (including folk who never met him!) It is obvious that Matthew lived out his faith with honesty and joy...what more could anyone ask. Praying for his family and you. Rev. Cliff.

CUCVSRK

I am at a loss of words here. Although I never knew Matthew I know he was a great man! I read about the time he selflessly ran his truck off the road to avoid the school bus. I am tearing up as if I've known him for years. It would have been a pleasure to know him, his family will be in my prayers...

Spicy

I just found out about Tigger's pasting. My prayers go out to his faimly. He will be truly missed. I'm trying not to cry, but it is hard. Only God knows why Tigger had to go. I will not say goodbye only see you soon.

Tigger rest in peace

RAYZER

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending some time with Mathew at the Ga Rally last year.
As we stood around the camp fire with Him one night,
I remember listening intently as He answered questions we had asked as to what emergencys
He attended to that day,
Mathew explained with humbleness and passion in his voice how he had given care to those that were hurt.
For some reason I have replayed those few moments with Mathew in my thoughts many times since then, I know now that Mathew had made an impression on me that day, I'm sorry I didn't take more time to know Him better.

His passing leaves me saddened.
As for me, do more to make a positive difference in life toward my fellow man, before it's too late.

59apache

Chipmaker
I didn't know tigger personally, but i've read some of his posts. I can remember about one that touches my heart and teach me a lesson.... teen death...
If your kids want to talk take the time and listen.
Thank you Tigger. May you rest in peace.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and the beloved he leave behind. He leaves a big gap...

I hope its understandable for you.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems that the more time passes since I received the news about Mathew, the worse I feel. I guess it's taking time to really sink in.

walkerhunter

Tigger was one of a kind a great walk up to and start a conversation person. Would wear a cross on a shirt with pride and great satisfaction of knowing him

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm absolutely floored. He called the other day and we talked about the upcoming rally. He was already bubbling with enthusiasm and was excited that Joanie from Durhamtown was going to use him again as an onsite medic. He loved to do that and was very good at it. I connected with Matt on so many levels, we are brothers in arms, we both had been over the road drivers, we both loved MV's and we both live for the GA Rallys. I'll miss you Little Brother. We'll see you at the great formation in the sky, I'll look for the Combat Medic in the Marine uniform.
You can bet that there will be a red cross on this years shirt. It will be a subtle but powerful reminder that we won't forget Matthew. It is the way he would want it in his modest way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks