• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up an MKT-85 today

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talk to mwmules (Dave) or aswayze about MKT's since they are a lot closer to you than I am, or just plan on coming to the GA Rally Oct 8-12 in anything that will get you there. We can always use help in the kitchen and you can get some good OJT in MKT Operations.

reset2

Great score. I have been looking at the kitchens. I currenlty have a shell (avatar) Im going to be using for my alternative fuel processing shelter. Looking at the MKTs that the surplus market is getting its very tempting.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you made the run without problems, your shrink wrap worked better for you than it did for me! My left panel was toast before I found a solution to the wind. I am going to pull all the outside vinyl off mine this winter and have it re sewn, the vinyl is in great shape, the sun has just eaten up the thread they used! As to what to do with what you have, I retire in a year or so and my intent is to prep everything and next time there is a tornado, flood or fire I plan on packing up and serving rice-beans and chicken!
James

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you made the run without problems, your shrink wrap worked better for you than it did for me! My left panel was toast before I found a solution to the wind. I am going to pull all the outside vinyl off mine this winter and have it re sewn, the vinyl is in great shape, the sun has just eaten up the thread they used! As to what to do with what you have, I retire in a year or so and my intent is to prep everything and next time there is a tornado, flood or fire I plan on packing up and serving rice-beans and chicken!
James
ChiliMac is another simple recipe - 12 pounds elbow macaroni, four #10 cans of chili-no-beans, two 64 oz bottles of ketchup, and shredded cheese for a topping. Boil the macaroni in two pots, six pounds at a time (that much will fit in the collander, more won't), dump drained macaroni into a square head pan, add two cans of the chili and one bottle of ketchup, stir well and put on the top of the M-59. Heat till it starts to bubble, and add cheese if desired. Ready to serve as soon as the cheese melts (if added, otherwise it was ready when it was bubbling). Feeds 75-100, depending on serving size and side dishes.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slick recipe , I noticed you talked about a thumb drive of info on the MKT? I need a inventory list along with equipment layout for the trailer, I have several manuals but no -10!
James

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slick recipe , I noticed you talked about a thumb drive of info on the MKT? I need a inventory list along with equipment layout for the trailer, I have several manuals but no -10!
James
Send me your thumb drive (4GB free or more) and I'll fill it and return free of charge. PM for details and other options.

Happyland1410

I still have not had a chance to set everything up but I did check the power converter. Unfortunately it is dead :( Power through the switch to the board but no 24 volt output at the board and no power light. So far in the TMs I have I only see maintenance info for replacing the on/off switch and power cord but no board level specs. There are not any obviously burned components on the board. Has anybody here ever attempted component level repairs on these?

gnylen

Any idea where I could get replacement travel covers for my MKT-85? I pretty much need a full set (mine was Air Force from Nellis, canvas covers).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks