• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whats this 406 Mog worth fellows

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd guess around $12,000. Good Mogs are going for that now. Wish they were lower, but I guess the off-roaders drove the price up on them....

vtunimog

RE: Re: RE: Whats this 406 Mog worth fellows

I would say this truck, with hydraulics, 20 speed gearset, tipper, etc in good condition would be worth $15-17K as a rough estimate. Take off 1500 - 2000 for body condition, no fenders etc and you get somewhere in the 12-14K range. Not a bad truck. Prices are high, not only from offroaders and the popularity of the moigs but due to several factors -

1. Europe - Unimogs are in demand right now. Turkey, Egypt, African nations, Syria all have placed big orders for refurbished Unimogs. Prices are running 16,000 - 21,000 EURO for a recently released U1300 in good condition. three years ago the prices were 12-14K for the same.
2. People are paying high prices in Europe and abroad , this coupled with a poor or weak dollar - $1.40 to the Euro means higher prices.
3. Demand is still high in the USA
4. Older model Unimogs are getting scarce. A 406/416 in original clean condition will sell for between 8,000 - and 12,000 in Euro FOB mainland Europe. That means a price of $16,000 - $23K landed here. Ouch

Sorry for long winded explanation and over simplified version as well, I am sure there are bigger reasons I just don't see in my little corner of the world. I get this question daily though.

Cheers,

Chris M

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks