• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

GTR0419

Just found this:

A/C COMPRESSOR FOR CHEVROLET KODIAK OR GMC TOPKICK WITH 3116 CAT ENGINE: GM NUMBER IS 15956082, DELCO 15-20112, SANDEN 4618 OR U4618

Don't know how that combines with the other parts, but it will work with the engine.

dporter110

I have looked at the civilian compressors and brackets from Chevrolet also. I don't believe they will fit with the military alternator. I also looked at Kenway Engineering who makes aftermarket brackets for heavy equipment and they have no solutions for this application.

jpinst

Make sure you have the right platform. I bought an LMTV with the gunner's kit already installed and the A/C unit fit dropped right it. Where do you think yours needs to be trimmed?

coolas

hi every one can someone help me with a compressor bracket and a steering box bracket and pitman arm for a righthand drive as I have just purchased one in Australia its the only m1070 or S&S in OZ

blhar15

We have installed a couple of the A/C units in to LMTV's. This will require the condensor unit, the A/C compressor, some custom made lines, brackets to mount the compressor and the front crank pulley to run the belt for the compressor. We had to custom make the brackets and the front pulley. If anyone is interested, I can probably make another set, not sure on the cost though.

GTR0419

I'd just like to know the specs and what compressor and condenser units you used. I'm not up on A/C units. So, I don't know how interchangeable parts are considering pressures, engine rpm, etc.

coolas

thanks I am air-condition technician but if you could give me a price on the engine bracket would be great , I am going to mount the condenser behind the cab. how bout that RHD steering box bracket ??? some of these trucks went to Malaysia , New Zealand , none made it to Aust and the ones in other country's are still used as military and no one can give me info cheers Brad

sstephens637

Looking at one of these for mine as well. What did you find out on the mount and compressor?

I purchased the interior evaporator unit and controls made by Red Dot to fit where the existing heater box is now. That portion of the conversion is a simple swap. I'm not certain what model of the MTV family the AC was made to fit and what engine that truck utilized. The Cat 3116 in my truck doesn't have much room to squeeze a compressor in amongst all the hard plumbing on the front of the engine. I need to find a bracket to hang an AC compressor but the rest of the conversion will be pretty simple. Here is a picture of the inside AC unit and the front of my engine.
View attachment 497051View attachment 497052

Bedrock

Sorry to barge in, but I have a 1993 1070 and can't even find the a/c compressor and also don't know if it's R-12 or 134. Any knowledge on this?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to barge in, but I have a 1993 1070 and can't even find the a/c compressor and also don't know if it's R-12 or 134. Any knowledge on this?
Welcome to Steel Soldiers. Try to post in threads that are about your particular truck, like you did with your dead battery issue. You are not the first person that thought the giant box on top of your HET is an A/C unit.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Army's A/C kit for the HET is a R134a system. The A/C compressor sits on the passenger side of the engine behind the secondary fuel filter, just hidden by the fender. If you can't find it, maybe yours doesn't have A/C - very few of the ones sold did.

Overdrive

Make sure you have the right platform. I bought an LMTV with the gunner's kit already installed and the A/C unit fit dropped right it. Where do you think yours needs to be trimmed?
JPINST... Which A/C unit "dropped right in?" Can you give specific part number/nsn and or pics please.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The TV050009 bracket, second 2 pics, may be that but I am not sure. There does not appear to be enough room for it on the passenger side. I do have a bunch of new AC compressors Sanden 4066 SD7 and Transair TM21's both were MRAP I believe. They have serpentine belt pulleys though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks