• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Thats great. I asked for a pic from overdrive not a comment from you. You seem to have a comment about everything I post lately since I our trading of PM over the interior units. If he doesn't want to post a pic thats fine.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter

DrillerSurplus

I agree it would be great if he posts the specific information. I was only trying to be helpful in making sure you had the link to the TM's here on SS which I believe is the complete set.
I appear to have stepped into some p!$$ing match here that I wasn't aware of, so over & out.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I appear to have stepped into some p!$$ing match here that I wasn't aware of, so over & out.
Not on my part. Sorry if it came across like that. I do have all the TMs that are posted here downloaded and just can't find the information in it. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a -34P though. It may not be released for general distribution yet as to the reason it's not here.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the drivers side bracket we seem to be getting wrapped around the axle about. Guys, this is the biggest mystery facing FMTV-dom, so lets work together to get cool air! I had posted this in another thread. The bracket is not the only thing needed (by far) to make the interior console work.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the drivers side bracket we seem to be getting wrapped around the axle about. Guys, this is the biggest mystery facing FMTV-dom, so lets work together to get cool air! I had posted this in another thread. The bracket is not the only thing needed (by far) to make the interior console work.
Beyond the inside evaporator unit and the bracket we'll need a condenser (which I'm guessing can be an aftermarket one of the appropriate volume capacity), the compressor, belt and hoses. And of course, a truck (for those of us still on the sidelines in that regard). Has anyone id'd the compressor yet? I have the advantage of living close to the Vintage Air factory in San Antonio so if I get the truck and bracket I may be able to get them to figure the condenser and hoses part. That would just leave me minus the correct compressor.

Lmtv772

Banned
WOW hey boys play nice...???????
I just SMH when I read something like that.

Overdrive is working on a complete Kit, so if you fellas hang tight you'll save yourself a lot of work.
I guess, you could also buy the separate parts for more money, but why would you.

Last edited:

DrillerSurplus

Not on my part. Sorry if it came across like that. I do have all the TMs that are posted here downloaded and just can't find the information in it. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a -34P though. It may not be released for general distribution yet as to the reason it's not here.
Thanks for clearing that up! I had just posted a quick reply to you without reading the recent posts & I misinterpreted your reply in light of some of the previous posts.

A while ago I had done a little homework digging through the TM's for AC in the LMTV cab with same result of finding just the M1079 box air. But there were over 250 hits for "bracket" when Adobe searched the 24P and I didn't make it through all of them. I thought there might be more information in the TM's for the LMTV A1 versions, but those seem to be in the new IETM format and not available to the public. PS magazine mentions IETM 9-2320-391-14&P several times, but I haven't found it out on the web.

It would be great if overdrive comes up with a complete kit.

scottmandu

The only FMTV TM to have the Air conditioning brackets are the A1P2 TM's (and yes it's in the electronic ietm format), which has a C7 engine. Will your bracket fit a 3116?

scottmandu

Thanks for posting this Scott. Is this from the A1P1 TM? Item 15 from the illustration is available, and it appears to fit the 3116 (see my earlier post with pictures).
I believe it's from the A1P2 TM it's also in the LTAS TM. Thanks for the fitment pics on the 3116. Any line on item 12 the other bracket?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it's from the A1P2 TM it's also in the LTAS TM. Thanks for the fitment pics on the 3116. Any line on item 12 the other bracket?
Nope. Totally shooting in the dark trying to fit this together since I do not have access to the electronic A1P1 or A1P2 TMs. Since many 3116 trucks got the A/C when they got the hard cabs, I suspect the parts in your diagram will work on the soft cab. If you have the TM page that gives the P/Ns from the legend numbers, please post it!

Overdrive

OK we figured out both of the main brackets.

I didn't want to post a reply up due to covert auction activities. The sharks were out in full force on GL last week but we managed to win some at auction. I have the base bracket that bolts to the block and I hope the ones we just won are the other required. Once picked up from GL will post up pics and part numbers.

The hoarders on GL are terrible people and a 1000 curses on you:carnac:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks