• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

scottmandu

OK we figured out both of the main brackets.

I didn't want to post a reply up due to covert auction activities. The sharks were out in full force on GL last week but we managed to win some at auction. I have the base bracket that bolts to the block and I hope the ones we just won are the other required. Once picked up from GL will post up pics and part numbers.

The hoarders on GL are terrible people and a 1000 curses on you:carnac:
I despise them as well. I despise price gougers even more.

tburk49760

Here is the drivers side bracket we seem to be getting wrapped around the axle about. Guys, this is the biggest mystery facing FMTV-dom, so lets work together to get cool air! I had posted this in another thread. The bracket is not the only thing needed (by far) to make the interior console work.
I have one of these and there must be another part. Not sure it is possible to bolt a compressor to this...

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the brackets are one part of the puzzle. Does any one have the other parts, such as the idler pulley and the pulley that goes behind the fan or replaces the fan pulley?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Keith and mystery member for tte post. Now all you Creekside watchers need to come up with the crank pulley! The rest is common stuff.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be able to report in a day or two if the item 12 bracket fits a 3116. I know the item 15 does. I believe the 3116 and C7 have similar engine accessory mounting.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please put my name on one each of those brackets. I was in the processes of designing a mount to go on the generator side and adding a V pulley to the generator pulley. Instead of a idler pulley I was going to making the compressor bracket adjustable. But I much rather go with original parts for a clean look. Any leads on the fan pulley that you would like to share? I did just get tis in delivered the other day!
IMG_5587.jpg

Overdrive

I will have 30 of item 12 in a couple of weeks and also have 20 already of item 15. Glad we are figuring this out. There have been close to 100 of the compressors that fit those brackets sold on GL recently but the sharks got them all. Haven't seen them for sale anywhere yet.

Shark Bait

There are a couple for sale (one oink camo) on a popular auction sight listed with air conditioning showing the compressor on the right side of the engine below the alternator. I've tried repeatedly to upload pictures, but not having luck.

Dave

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure how sturdy that'd be mounted right next to the shock. Saw that yesterday and figured they used a HMMWV kit and just fabbed a compressor bracket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks