• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

Third From Texas

Very similar. And not that far off from the $1550 shipped I paid for the correct cab unit. They have gone up this year and as we get closer to summer..... it's a supply and demand thing. That RedDot unit may be $600 cheaper than current asking price for the military unit but the supply likely outstrips the demand. That's kinda my point - yeah it might cost a *bit* more but for correct fitment it's negligible when you consider the additional labor in moving existing holes in the cab, adapting wiring, etc. And throw in that I would like it to have the stock appearance...... no brainer for me.

Rgr all.

As you said once, we all have variations of time and money. I'm retired on a fixed income, but have plenty of time.

Mavcaster

@m-35tom I gather the site you have linked is your own so you'll probably be able to point me in the right direction. I would really like to get the ball rolling on adding a unit to my 1088 while I am in the process of squaring away the cab but just can't do it all at once. A $300 difference for a 8000 BTU gain seems like a no brainer but would like to get y'alls take on pros/cons between gen1/gen2.

Mavcaster

I’m in Florida and I installed a Gen 1, and after trying everything to get it to cool better I gave up and ripped out just the Gen 1 unit and put a Gen 2 unit in and now in here Florida it’s makes it so cold I wish it had a lower than low fan setting.
That’s excellent feedback thanks for that. I’m on the east coast and frequent Georgia where I am from which gets very hot so good to know!

SunValley

We have installed a couple of the A/C units in to LMTV's. This will require the condensor unit, the A/C compressor, some custom made lines, brackets to mount the compressor and the front crank pulley to run the belt for the compressor. We had to custom make the brackets and the front pulley. If anyone is interested, I can probably make another set, not sure on the cost though.
I’ll take one!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks