• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Air Conditioner

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the info on the correct compressor:
Sanden model 4402
Sanden SD7H15
P/N 14-SD4402
Stewart and Stevenson P/N TV060003
NSN 4310-01-570-0434

Attachments

Just got off the phone with Red Dot. Hopefully by the end of the day I will have a full parts number list as well as a wiring diagram for this. I will update once I do.

scottmandu

Not sure how sturdy that'd be mounted right next to the shock. Saw that yesterday and figured they used a HMMWV kit and just fabbed a compressor bracket.
The whole setup appears to be a red dot kit of the surplus site. That rear mounted evaporator sure does take up a lot of space!

scottmandu

Please put my name on one each of those brackets. I was in the processes of designing a mount to go on the generator side and adding a V pulley to the generator pulley. Instead of a idler pulley I was going to making the compressor bracket adjustable. But I much rather go with original parts for a clean look. Any leads on the fan pulley that you would like to share? I did just get tis in delivered the other day!
View attachment 607959
The part number for that evaporator I couldn't find in any of the FMTV parts manuals.. Do you know what vehicle it fits?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The whole setup appears to be a red dot kit of the surplus site. That rear mounted evaporator sure does take up a lot of space!
The pink one has it mounted on the roof. If you were going to do that why not just get a regular roof mounted AC set up?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
In the 6x6 cargo truck the trans cooler is mounted under the bed with fans. Basically the same thing mounted sideways behind the cab on a tractor. The AC condenser might be able to fit under there. Nice out of the way place.

scottmandu

In the 6x6 cargo truck the trans cooler is mounted under the bed with fans. Basically the same thing mounted sideways behind the cab on a tractor. The AC condenser might be able to fit under there. Nice out of the way place.
There's lots of space under the bed on the 4X4 as well. However there is ample space in front of the intercooler for a condenser of proper size as well. I've seen the original LMTV condenser and it's fairly long and thick with the fans, where does it mount in the factory location?

scottmandu

The pink one has it mounted on the roof. If you were going to do that why not just get a regular roof mounted AC set up?
I'd avoid mounting anything on the roof, AS tall as the trucks are I don't think I'd want it any higher. As it is I have to avoid a couple roads locally due to low bridges and parking garages.. Forget about it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original one mounts up in front of the intercooler right above the skid plate
That is correct. Having road draft go through the stack will keep the head pressure low and hence not require the fans to run all the time. I ordered one from Eastern, but will have to fab the mounting brackets.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I must be looking at the wrong government auction sites. Could someone please send me a private message with the site they were sold on?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I saw those heater/AC boxes I was going to bid on some but they didn't appear to have defrost on them and with 4 seasons in CT I use the defrost on a regular basis. They appear to have a fresh air intake and recirculate. Makes sense if they were designed for an armored vehicle that the windows don't open. I could be wrong though. Maybe someone with original lmtv AC can chime in.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Where? I don't see a defrost control. I see a slot on the back. The controls show outside air or recirculate. That has to be the outside air intake though. Maybe you can aim the vents toward the windshield.

scottmandu

Where? I don't see a defrost control. I see a slot on the back. The controls show outside air or recirculate. That has to be the outside air intake though. Maybe you can aim the vents toward the windshield.
Far right knob controls air output. The rear slot send air to the defrost register. Fresh air intake is on the bottom.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks