• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bonedoc's M35A2 modification thread

bonedoc

Sorry I didn't update sooner. Got the last of my needed seals and on New Years Eve I finished the trans. Got everything together, function tested the gears, made sure it shifted fine. The taped it up, cleaned it up a bit more and painted it. Once everything dried then oiled and wrapped any exposed metal, strapped it to the dolly and have it ready to be stored. It will be stored in a climate controlled room.

Attachments

bonedoc

Another thing I got finished up was the chain and hook on my winch. The winch came with a very short chain and small hook. I wanted to get one that was more 'correct' for the truck. Almost bought a brand new one but they are really pricey, over 200 bucks. So I looked around and found a used hook online, a NOS chain that was correct grade and length, and used a pair of grade 80 1/2" hammerlocks to connect it all. Blasted it all down in my buddy's parts blaster. Painted them up and installed them. Below are before and after pics.

Attachments

bonedoc

About 5 years ago I rebuilt my brake system and had my old short style airpack sitting packed in a box waiting to be rebuilt. A few weeks ago a member on the site here was asking about rebuilding an airpack so I decided it was time to rebuild it and get it done and ready for use. Big thank you to Big Mike for the rebuild kit. He didn't have them in stock but was able to locate them and get it.
Another big thank you to Silverstate55 on Steel Soldiers. He had posted a thread on rebuilding the airpack which I followed for my rebuild. Here is the link to his thread if anyone wants to see it. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...yle-(Short)-Airpack-Teardown-amp-Repair-with-Photos
I've attached some pics of my teardown and rebuild to the finished product which has been repainted and just needs to be packed for storage.
The tear down and rebuild was pretty straight forward. Everything was cleaned completely, all springs, gaskets, O-rings, etc were replaced. Then everything was greased with sil-glyde during reassembly. Fortunately there was no rust in the can and a quick hone was all the was needed.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks