• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 - which radio used - where to install radio antenna

Guyfang

Staff member
Used to be that 'pvt jarhead' in Reno had completely refurbished ones for $400, but he went 'out of business' a couple of years ago. Fully equipped PRC-77's are approaching $400 (w/antennas, handsets, etc.). Mosr of the old stuff is now in private hands and does not get sold very often. And the newer stuff has to be demilled (think chopped in little pieces) so it's not getting out. I had an antenna for a PRC-320 get hung up in customs because of ITAR this past week.
There are a few web pages I follow here every once in a while. They are people who buy up "Stuff" here. I see lots of COMMO gear for sale. In Greece, there is some guy who has/had lots of RT-524 gear. Maybe you guys need to take a look see over here in Europe?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Anyone got detailed pictures of their radio and Vic-1 system installed?

I want to know where everything is mounted.

I want to set up my M35A2C.

Thanks.

Aussie.

rustystud

There are a few web pages I follow here every once in a while. They are people who buy up "Stuff" here. I see lots of COMMO gear for sale. In Greece, there is some guy who has/had lots of RT-524 gear. Maybe you guys need to take a look see over here in Europe?
Hey Guy, maybe that could be a new "job/adventure" for you. Buying up US military surplus in Europe and shipping it here in the states ! After all there was that TM manual I found only in Belgium and thankfully Steel Soldiers had a member there who helped me acquire it. You could be that guy "Guy" for us here !

Guyfang

Staff member
Hey Guy, maybe that could be a new "job/adventure" for you. Buying up US military surplus in Europe and shipping it here in the states ! After all there was that TM manual I found only in Belgium and thankfully Steel Soldiers had a member there who helped me acquire it. You could be that guy "Guy" for us here !
I might consider that!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shipping one radio is really expensive - they are not called 'boatanchors' for nothing - but shipping a 20 foot CONEX full brings the cost per piece way down. Just something to keep in mind.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I bought my M35A2 Air Force truck, there was a radio mount under the passenger seat. It appeared to be a RT-524 compatible mount. There was also a speaker installed to the right side directly behind the passenger seat. It’s positioned directly above external power plug.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks