• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 772301 I don't know how many landings they're good for, but they keep spare tires stored in the cargo bay...…..just in case.

There aren't many aircraft in the world that have SPARE TIRE RACK(s) as original equipment. Few aviation engineers want to sacrifice the space, weight, and fuel efficiencies unless some overriding "NEED" predicates this feature.

Thanks for sharing that pic.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gigante-del-aire-antonov-225-20-728.jpg Chaplain, the AN-224 & AN-124 both use a non articulated rigid main landing gear. When the aircraft turns it creates high tread wear on the most forward and rear tires. As you can see the forward and aft tires are bald, with the center tires having the most tread. We had a similar problem with the C-17, we would make a 90 degree turn, and the side load wanted to roll the tire off the rim. Commercial aircraft like the 777 with 3 axles per main gear have the 1st and 3rd axles articulated so the aircraft can turn with out high side load and wear on the tires.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Tracer.

My aviation design experience was limited to Avionics and Electrical Systems and the supporting structures for the various black boxes, control and instrument panels, and the associated structural shelves, brackets, etc. that got it all installed.
I left the power plants and propulsion related systems, as well as the landing gear and executive interior compliments to the other fine engineers with whom I worked.

Here are the Mitsubishi aircraft to which I had the privilege to contribute.....

20180703105111_00001.jpg . 20180703104643_00001.jpg

20180703104420_00001.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
howard-hughes-quote-xaz3aq--portrait-background-208-1200x630.jpgelon-musk-odds-not-in-your-favor-1068x561.jpg Visionaries. What if both of these men were alive today. I think we would have landed on Mars years ago, and today regularly scheduled flights there would be the norm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks