• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmm..do you like low flying aircraft?....then here ya go!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Low flyin' RC P47

Low flyin' pics are so entertaining I decided to make my own. After peeling the wrapper off this new RC Parkzone P47 and taking the trim flight I thought of you plane nut guys and the low flyin thread.

PA080518.jpgPA080516.jpgPA080515.jpg

As many low passes and touch & goes we could do before the battery died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0c1xIfjBcg&feature=youtu.be

Stellar moments at 5:12 and the landing at 6:12. Didn't see much point starting a thread so hope I'm adding some enjoyment to the low flyers.

Carlo

Low flyin' pics are so entertaining I decided to make my own. After peeling the wrapper off this new RC Parkzone P47 and taking the trim flight I thought of you plane nut guys and the low flyin thread.

View attachment 521027View attachment 521028View attachment 521029

As many low passes and touch & goes we could do before the battery died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0c1xIfjBcg&feature=youtu.be

Stellar moments at 5:12 and the landing at 6:12. Didn't see much point starting a thread so hope I'm adding some enjoyment to the low flyers.

Nice nice flying plowboy! I love R/C!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I may, this is the story on the Mig 17.

Not really low level flight, this pilot nearly buys the farm at the bottom of a loop. The tail strike occurred during at a 1990 airshow in Harrison, Arkansas. Photographer, who was a technician for the FAA and somewhat of a camera buff, was tracking with his camera, as this guy looped off the deck in a MiG-17. The pilot had just completed a loop and misjudged his pull-out. Everyone considering themselves as potential victims, took-off running in all directions. But the photographer had a non-threatening position along with a strong motivation to take the picture. So just as the MiG scraped the ground, he captured this rare image… Oh, by the way, the guy just made a wide circle, lowered his landing gear, touched down . . then taxied in showing scratched paint, but no sheet metal damage. Photo via Thomas Harnish

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That plane in Pic #2 looks more like an RC Model than a full scale aircraft. Which is it?
If I may, this is the story on the Mig 17.

Not really low level flight, this pilot nearly buys the farm at the bottom of a loop. The tail strike occurred during at a 1990 airshow in Harrison, Arkansas. Photographer, who was a technician for the FAA and somewhat of a camera buff, was tracking with his camera, as this guy looped off the deck in a MiG-17. The pilot had just completed a loop and misjudged his pull-out. Everyone considering themselves as potential victims, took-off running in all directions. But the photographer had a non-threatening position along with a strong motivation to take the picture. So just as the MiG scraped the ground, he captured this rare image… Oh, by the way, the guy just made a wide circle, lowered his landing gear, touched down . . then taxied in showing scratched paint, but no sheet metal damage. Photo via Thomas Harnish
That is indeed an award winning photograph. Close call for the pilot. Glad for the safe outcome.

Thanks for the narrative.

Carry on.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My uncle was a b36 pilot. Those pictures are of early models indeed. The later versions had 4 additional jet engines.

He he would always say "there is nothing like 6 turning and 4 burning". When flying a 36.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks