• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possibly No More Trucks from DLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I say no more merging. It's causing enough work for us already. Just close them, and issue a warning.

Doesn't anybody bother to read anything? Everybody just wants a quick answer rather than looking for the answer themselves.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I just spoke with my friendly GL rep. If you have a contact call them they can probably give you an answer. I won't go into everything but apparently this has been brewing since last week and began around the S&S trucks. You will not solve it OR discover the answer by guessing. Just have to wait it out whilst they get their arms around some new guidance brewing from DLA

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have expected that I would get some PMs regarding this. I will only say it DOES NOT appear to be any nefarious plot or conspiracy. It just looks like they have to cross some "t"s and dot some "I"s on somethings having to do with emissions and the years of the trucks. As a precaution, it looks like GL pulled everything down so nothing slips through. This all happened with the trailers not too long ago for other reasons, and eventually they found their way back into the system.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok I just spoke with my friendly GL rep. If you have a contact call them they can probably give you an answer. I won't go into everything but apparently this has been brewing since last week and began around the S&S trucks. You will not solve it OR discover the answer by guessing. Just have to wait it out whilst they get their arms around some new guidance brewing from DLA

What does "S&S" mean? I lost my big book of acronyms. . . .

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

:soapbox: I just stopped by my congress critters office and told them if this has anything to do with emissions that the EPA needs to be gutted like a fish. It's not like the emissions for hobby vehicles and vehicles used for farm related work are going to make any difference in regard to the climate. I'm waiting on a call from a toadie in DC and I intend to read her the riot act concerning the fraud, waste and abuse if these vehicles are re-coded to where they have to be scrapped (like the HUMVEE's). I advise all of you to do the same. If you can't go in person then call and register a complaint. The House holds the purse strings for all federal agencies. Maybe the threat of a funding cut will bring the unicorn worshipers at the EPA to heel.:rant:

Doug Roberts

I sent a message to GL , as the window said they weren't online. No response yet. I scanned everywhere for trucks and only say one or two 5 ton , also pulled the truck center with upcoming auction , totally taken down.

Csm Davis

Okay just got word anything already sold is okay but there is going to be a sorting process some of the 939 series trucks will be pulled and have the motor pulled for EPA reasons.

RustyM923

You guys are just silly. The reason for pulling them is that I struck a deal to buy them all.

Now, where can I park them all....my HOA is testy.

Speedzilla

I hope this only affects a small number of trucks, would be very sad to tear up a lot of good trucks. I am also VERY surprised that they can do this (despite knowing they can do whatever they want). EPA needs to be taken out back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks