• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possibly No More Trucks from DLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The EPA tie in on these is not a good thing. GL has been selling trucks with SF97's for a long time that may or may not meet EPA regulations. They dont subject these vehicles to the non military standard vehicle EPA tests. The fact that they there is a question around EPA is interesting. Since none of us have any real knowledge of the situation it may mean nothing or it may mean the end of a good run. We will have to wait and see.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably means all 250 powered trucks will get engines pulled. Maybe any remaining deuces too.

Pulling wild guesses out of my rear is fun!!! No wonder so many people do it.... sigh.

RustyM923

I say no more merging. It's causing enough work for us already. Just close them, and issue a warning.

Doesn't anybody bother to read anything? Everybody just wants a quick answer rather than looking for the answer themselves.
I guess people should know to look in the "Post Vietnam to Desert Storm Vehicles > 5 Ton & Up" forum for this issue. It doesn't pertain to anything else, right?

I feel so stupid for not looking this up here before posting in General. Where's my sword...

Hooper

The EPA tie in on these is not a good thing. GL has been selling trucks with SF97's for a long time that may or may not meet EPA regulations. They dont subject these vehicles to the non military standard vehicle EPA tests. The fact that they there is a question around EPA is interesting. Since none of us have any real knowledge of the situation it may mean nothing or it may mean the end of a good run. We will have to wait and see.

I doubt the EPA story is legit. Its possible, more than likely its just a bad cover story for the real reason. With what is going on in the ME and now Bagdad, the military equipment is spread thin. They may be mobilizing for something big. It only makes sense to use up some of these trucks. In hind sight, there are probably people in the government that did not know that perfectly good trucks were being sold for almost scrap value.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt the EPA story is legit. Its possible, more than likely its just a bad cover story for the real reason. With what is going on in the ME and now Bagdad, the military equipment is spread thin. They may be mobilizing for something big. It only makes sense to use up some of these trucks. In hind sight, there are probably people in the government that did not know that perfectly good trucks were being sold for almost scrap value.
:tin hat::tin hat::tin hat::tin hat:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This like many others today has been merged with the first thread.

Just found out the "straight skinny" from my uncle Vic who knows a guy, who has a friend that dates a chick, whose brother's roommate used to work part time at DLA, says he heard it from a dude that used to run the coffee shop, that all the big trucks are being held in reserve in case the Autobots need parts to defeat the evil Decepticons.

Last edited:

Motorcar

There is enough room under the hood to pull the Cummins and install an entire Prius in there, might look funny with the accorn sized exhaust pipe out the back and no idle sound at the traffic light....but I would be doing my part, "skin in the game..."

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trucks have been pulled from auction per DoD, gl employee even mentioned no titles will be issued next, just off road use only
I doubt any local GL person would know anything about "no titles." Sounds like someone trying to show how much more important he is than he really is (and we all know what the meaning of "is" is). I think everyone just needs to relax and wait for the real story to come out - other than contacting your congressman as WM mentioned. No sense getting whipped up into a froth until there's verifiable reason to do so.

poorman4x4

I doubt any local GL person would know anything about "no titles." Sounds like someone trying to show how much more important he is than he really is (and we all know what the meaning of "is" is). I think everyone just needs to relax and wait for the real story to come out - other than contacting your congressman as WM mentioned. No sense getting whipped up into a froth until there's verifiable reason to do so.
i know the Polk employees personally I believe what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks