• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Possibly No More Trucks from DLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know the Polk employees personally I believe what they say
I'm just saying that a GL person at Ft Polk (while a charming location - I know, I was stationed there) is not likely to know any more than someone any where else. I would be willing to bet, no matter what kind of person he is, that he's just guessing. Maybe somewhere down the line he heard something about maybe they were going to do this in the future and jumped to the conclusion that now was the time, but I doubt he knows for sure why it happened.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just spoke to the Indy Truck Center GL rep, the big sale is off for this weekend. Several theories abound, listed in no particular order;
1) EPA has major concerns that trucks, not meeting current standards, are being sold to the public.
2) Trucks will be needed to return to Iraq.
3) Executive branch of the government is concerned to many MVs are being sold to "like minded people".
4) Less than expected sales profits have been realized at recent sales and future sales on hold for better advertizing coverage.

-just the word on the street....

Tornadogt

All I know for sure is everyone should PANIC.... Whenever we don't know what is going on the first thing we should do is run around in circles waving our arms in the air screaming. The military does NOT want this JUNK back. Let it play out, All we can do is roll with the punches..

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tons of vehicles in Afghanistan that need to go someplace by the end of the year (per present commitments), so I would guess iraq is a false lead.

With that said, I sure will be happy to see my sf97 in the mail soon. Just the thought that they would not let me title it, regardless of how unlikely that is, just added a level of stress to my system.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I know for sure is everyone should PANIC.... Whenever we don't know what is going on the first thing we should do is run around in circles waving our arms in the air screaming. The military does NOT want this JUNK back. Let it play out, All we can do is roll with the punches..
Hey, whos truck are you calling junk!!! :)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
STAND BY

My tin had is beginning to vibrate, oscillate, and radiate violently. :tin hat:

Grab a :popcorn: and take a seat while the incoming signals are being decoded.

I'm wondering what CARNAC's turban is doing :carnac: while he presses funny-scented envelopes to his shiny forehead.

The VIBES are shakin', rattlin', and rollin' like DogHead's persona non-grata, :doghead: ELVIS.

PapaBear's pink tutu is probably doing the funky-monkey, too :papabear:

All this speculating and prognosticating can be summed up with just one simply saying we all heard while in the service of Uncle Sam....

H U R R Y . U P . A N D . W A I T ! ! !

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since everyone else is blowing stuff out their rear I'll give it a shot.

Scar59 hit it with number 4. They are butthurt they lost their you know what on the Atlanta auction.

Now at some point I fully expect this and all threads like it on the subject to get locked and or go away because they degenerate into something unintended.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I dont see how it hurt GL with trucks going cheap it was my understanding that they only give the gov a small percentage of the final price. It is reflected on the SF97 documentation. If GL lost the truck contract to Ironplanet beginning in 2015 it would be in their best interest to push thru as many trucks as they can before the end of the year and take whatever they can get on them. It would be different if they had a long time left on the contract then they could do a few at a time to maximize price/profit.
Will

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry Jeff, you got lumped in with everyone else.

I stand corrected: Two people hit the answer.

TexAndy

I have no information... I didn't even get the email. Heard about it second-hand from another member here, even though I've bought several 5 tons and deuces over the years.

But... the EPA thing does sound plausible to me.

Reckless

Well I was at the airport about to board and head to Indiana from Atlanta early this morning, needless to say I am now in Las Vegas.....

Funny how things work out :shrugs:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have no information... I didn't even get the email. Heard about it second-hand from another member here, even though I've bought several 5 tons and deuces over the years.

But... the EPA thing does sound plausible to me.

They, Gl only sends the message out to folks who had an active bid on the items pulled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks