• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bikini on a CUCV

zout

Got the section ground down so we could have a level surface for the re-enforcement piece (using what we had cut out) cleaned up the mating surfaces - laid out the bonding material and clamped her in.
Worked on the window sections cutting out where the seal slips over - rounded off these sections as well.
Started sanding down what I could working in between getting stuff done in the K as well.

Hey Swiss - your holes on the side are MIA.DSCN0087.jpgDSCN0088.jpgDSCN0089.jpg

zout

I tried sticking Krispy Cream OD donut holes in them - but sanding them down was nasty. Wonder if I lay a tank in the back of my truck - if she will sit on it ????

zout

FINALLY got back onto the topper Swiss has in mind - basically all clean up and then get it into primer so he can take it this weekend and actually have a PRO work on it - then hand it back to this numbskull to finish off for him.
Little more clean up to get into primer and if it stays as butt arse hot as it is now - it might be done tomorrow night.

What your looking at is a cut off piece to reinforce the upper roof section with the 3M product - then cut off and sanded off along with the rest of the topper piece - along with the seal trimmed out and prepared for a new one. I'll leave it to Swiss to tell ya what he has going on with it - I am just a knucklehead getting it ready for him.DSCN0157.jpgDSCN0158.jpgDSCN0159.jpgDSCN0160.jpg

tequilaiam

When you guys finish this are you planning to use it as a plug to create a mold to sell ready-made fiberglass pieces?

I'd like to see how this turns out but I wouldn't cut up my hardtop to make it. If I can find a junkyard donor sure but I've only come across 1 K5 in a yard around here so buying a molded piece would be something I'd look into instead of hunting the entire state. Others may be in the same boat.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you guys finish this are you planning to use it as a plug to create a mold to sell ready-made fiberglass pieces?

I'd like to see how this turns out but I wouldn't cut up my hardtop to make it. If I can find a junkyard donor sure but I've only come across 1 K5 in a yard around here so buying a molded piece would be something I'd look into instead of hunting the entire state. Others may be in the same boat.
This is more of a one off project so we are not going to create a mold. I have come across at least 5 tops on various sites over the past 2 years while I was working on the idea for this project. There is an aftermarket top that is nice that does not require cutting up your top but it is not what I was looking for. The truck goes in on Monday for a rear roll cage to protect that back passengers and also create the framework for the soft top.

I took the top off tonight and put in the barn. Getting excited!!!

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Swiss you do realize that the top is only on loan. I will want it back once it is all finished. ;-)

zout

Suppose to have had a phone call to know when I had to head into work today - but I guess no one cares about anyone else's schedule on a holiday weekend !!!!!!!!!! So as I mentioned I made alternative plans anyhow as something "smelled" about this.

Headed down in a short to get that topper wiped down and into 2k primer for Swiss.

Hey Joe - I might need your address to find a place to send the topper back once Swiss nods his head in disgust after I hack this baby up and make a total mess out of it. You can make it an awning for your pooch entrance to the dog house.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Drove down to see Zout and pickup the mini topper. He was playing with a new project

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404654959.477057.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404654972.274714.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404654986.226505.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404655001.274544.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally a little headway on the roll cage. Front hoop is bent and looking at positioning

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407515732.413676.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407515743.980513.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407515756.496944.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks